We are currently seeking a professional ACCOUNTING
SPECIALIST/GARNISHMENT SPECIALIST for one of our most prestigious
clients located in the north Fort Worth, Texas area. Please review
the job description and requirements below. We are interviewing
immediately for this role, qualified candidates should submit their
resume in a Word document today for consideration.
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST/GARNISHMENT SPECIALIST JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 3 to 5+ years of prior payroll experience (extensive garnishment
* Candidates must hold their Bachelor's degree in an associated
* Previous experience in an HR/Payroll environment required.
* Previous experience with handling a large volume of garnishments
in a payroll processing environment for a national company
* Knowledge of multi-state garnishment laws required.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially
databases (Excel), and be able to operate 10-key by touch.
* Strong candidates should have financial systems experience.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented
* Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain
confidentiality at all times.
* Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the
organization, including external contacts, while functioning as a
* Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST/GARNISHMENT SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Perform payroll transactions related to garnishments to include
set-up, data entry, garnishment interpretation and updating
deductions data according to established time limits.
* Respond to daily inquiries from internal/external customers
concerning garnishment deductions.
* Analyze garnishment deduction orders served. Verify orders are
lawful and properly served, and evaluate legal requirements for
compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Complete garnishee answers in accordance with required format and
time frames. Provide weekly notices to creditors advising of
completed balances and terminations.
* Effectively examine, set up, process and reconcile
* Provide customer support and respond to garnishment inquiries
from administrative agencies, creditors, and attorneys.
* Perform garnishment analysis/research as needed and effectively
document findings and corrective measures implemented or
* Perform payroll transactions related to union dues setup and
remittance. Includes interpretation of CBA requirements of dues
deductions and payment frequency.
* Reconcile rest/relaxation travel documents.
* Other duties as assigned. We are an equal employment opportunity
employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard
to disability or protected veteran status.