We are seeking a professional ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST for one of
our most prestigious clients up in the north Fort Worth, Texas
area. This is an immediate need. Please review the job description
and requirements below. Qualified candidates should submit their
resume in a Word document for review immediately.
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel
Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Must have a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business or
associated discipline from an accredited university.
* 2+ years of experience in financial analysis or accounting.
* Knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational
data base programs for data processing techniques.
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
* CPA certification or CPA Track preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent communication and people skills.
* Ability to work various shifts, which may include evening and
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Provides professional accounting services by preparing, analyzing
and processing financial statements, budgets, customer invoices and
monthly reports for the company and Strategic Business Unit
* Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities
associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing
financial statements and reports.
* Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliation.
* Assists internal and/or external audit process as required.
* Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the
company are met.
* Responsible for contract invoices bi-weekly in accordance with
* Closes monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries
to include company allocations, calculating direct/indirect costs,
rates and revenue recognition.
* Analyzes financial statements and contract performance to provide
variances for bid, budget and forecast.
* Conducts cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk
analysis, and proposal preparation.
* Trains/assists co-workers in software and information systems to
support accounting functions.
* Audits accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
* Coordinates with the site staff to support accounts payable,
accounts receivable, payroll, and other specific requirements.
* Performs other qualified duties as assigned. We are an equal
employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified
candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran