State and Local Tax Senior Consultant
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Work you'll do
This position is involved in all stages of tax return preparation
of Deloitte's state & local income tax returns.
About the Team
The U.S. Firm income tax compliance team is involved in all stages
of tax return preparation of Deloitte's state & local income tax
- Prepare schedules and working papers for the firm's partnership
state and local income tax returns, including certain
partner-related information (such as K-1 schedules, composite
- Assist in the preparation of the firm's state and local income
tax returns, including composite nonresident income tax returns and
certain partner-related information (such as state income and tax
- Perform tax research as necessary regarding state tax issues
affecting the U.S. firms.
- Assist in analysis and calculation of required estimated state
- Assist with state and local tax audits and correspond with
authorities regarding audit issues and/or tax notices.
- Review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for
appropriateness of state tax accruals.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising
tax consultants on assigned engagements
- 3+ years of experience with partnership and/or corporate
federal and state income tax.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs (Excel) required.
- Experience using tax prep software (e.g., GoSystems, OneSource
Income Tax) and data wrangling tools (e.g., Alteryx)
- Strong tax compliance skills preferred.
- Knowledge of multistate apportionment preferred.
- Tax compliance experience and/or general ledger background
- Strong verbal and written communications skills helpful.
- BA in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Masters of Tax degree and CPA certification (or eligibility to
sit for CPA exam) preferred.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the
current range is $64,000 to $119,000.
Keywords: Deloitte, Fort Worth , State and Local Tax Senior Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!