We are currently seeking a professional SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (EPA)
for one of our most prestigious clients up in the north Fort Worth,
Texas area. This is an immediate need. Please review the job
description and requirements below. Qualified candidates should
send their resume as a Word document for interview
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (EPA) JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required (i.e.: Pivot Tables,
VLOOKUP and formula creations).
* Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from an accredited
* 6+ years of previous accounting experience.
* 2 years in government contract accounting experience is
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel
Regulations (JTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) a plus.
* Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, analyze
financial data, and generate reports.
* Ability to analyze variances to budgets/forecasts/accruals,
explain to management, and create corrective action plan.
* Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational
databases and Microsoft applications.
* Ability to work with numbers and complete assignments with
attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to
communicate effectively with all levels throughout the
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments,
work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (EPA) JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities
associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing
financial statements and reports.
* Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliations.
* Assists with internal and/or external audit requests as
* Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the
company are met.
* Ensures contract invoices are accurate and reconciled for monthly
* Responsible for monthly close and adjusting journal entries.
* Responsible for the follow-up on accounts receivable.
* Point of contact for site and customer support for the financial
* Audits and prepares reports on the status of the contract.
* Reviews work prepared by others and provides constructive
comments and/or suggestions to foster efficiencies and improvements
for the department.
* May conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the
organization's accounting processes.
* May serve as a consultant to implement accounting functions
during phase-in of a new contract.
* Position may be assigned to a specific targeted business area and
may require additional or specific job duties related to assigned
function which are not aforementioned. We are an equal employment
opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates
without regard to disability or protected veteran status.