Billing Manager - Fort Worth
Company: Powerhouse Retail Services
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Transform your tomorrowToday at PowerhouseAt Powerhouse, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills. At Powerhouse, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. Andthat's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.The CompanyPowerhouse is a leading provider of Nationwide Retail Services and Solutions including Lighting, Fixtures and Graphics, Project Management, Sign Services, and many others. We leverage unparalleled service and technology to implement solutions that enable retailers to maximize brand presence and profitability. Our information services for surveys and audits utilize our powerful proprietary data management tool, Infinity by Powerhouse, to provide real-time accurate data for our customers. Founded in 1996, originally as a retail signage company, Powerhouse has always provided clients with unmatched service and efficiency. Powerhouse is always seeking team members who embrace our core values of great service, honesty, integrity and making a positive impact on others' lives.Our VisionTo have a positive and lasting impact on people.Our Mission To consistently provide quality work, on-time, that always meets our customer's expectations. We will be accurate and precise in our job performance, communication, and customer service.The OpportunityThe Billing Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the billing department, under the guidance of the Controller. Position will insure the accuracy and consistency of accounting data for all accounting functions including forecasting, cash flow management and financial reporting as required by management.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with establishing policies, procedures and controls for the accounting department, while monitoring employee compliance.
- Assist with preparing and delivering training to accounting staff on accounting methods and software use.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistence of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end reporting, preparing accruals and schedules and submitting monthly and financial reporting packages as directed by management.
- Develop innovative and effective solutions to problems in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting through individual effort and as part of a team.
- Represent the Finance team as needed at management meetings and reviews.ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This job has supervisory responsibilities over the billing team members as assigned.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred, but not required.
- 4 years of experience in a similar accounting role with supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong computer and accounting software expertise a must.
- Fully competent in a variety of accounting and financial concepts, practices and procedures with strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand P & L reports and isolate issues.
- Ability to make sound forecasting judgments for future planning initiatives.
- Excellent time-management, prioritizing, analysis and strong judgment/decision making skills.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- There are no specific requirements for this position.COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications and applicable software systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains software required.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. --- This position works in an office environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: general office setting with light traffic and office machines.)What You'll Find at Powerhouse
- Challenging Work The work we do at Powerhouse is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
- Independence At Powerhouse, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to help create best practices within the retail services industry.
- A Collaborative Environment The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver superior customer service to our customers.
Keywords: Powerhouse Retail Services, Fort Worth , Billing Manager - Fort Worth, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!