Assistant Marketing Director
Company: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: The Assistant
Marketing Director (AMD) position is designed to develop a pipeline
of internal talent qualified to assume Marketing Director roles as
vacancies occur. In this role, as an active member of the center
management team, you will work in partnership with the Marketing
Director to drive the Marketing and Marketing Partnerships of the
center. You will help promote the center and retailers, create
sponsorship and media income opportunities, and position the center
as a First Choice Shopping destination with the overall goal of
driving center traffic, sales, and profitability. We will look to
you to champion improvements, tackle problems, and demonstrate
leadership. If you are an enthusiastic individual who thrives in a
challenging, forward thinking, and fast-pace team environment, then
this is the job for you. Tanger Outlets offers a dynamic learning
environment with opportunities to advance and learn alongside
accomplished business leaders.-- We offer excellent benefits for
our full-time team members, to list a few:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with generous match
- Paid PTO, Holidays and Bereavement Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives How can you contribute to what we do?
- Customer-centric and community oriented, you will partner with
the Marketing Director to develop and execute an annual marketing
plan and budget which increases center sales and traffic, drives
sponsorship and media sales, supports Tanger corporate programs and
positions Tanger and the center as good corporate citizens.
- As the Secondary Business Development representative for the
center, you will embrace creating mutually beneficial marketing
partnerships in order to meet annual revenue goals established by
the Regional Manager, Marketing Partnerships. You will be
accountable for effectively prospecting, canvassing and closing
media, sponsorship, and non-transactional revenue deals with
insight and integrity.
- You will assist in monitoring and maintaining the marketing
budget, be able to account for variances and adjust your plan and
budget in response to the real time business climate. You will
complete monthly financial forecasts managing real time revenue and
expense positions, providing frequent updates to the Marketing
- Keenly aware of the current retail landscape and consumer
trends, you will create and/or execute national and local programs
that integrate retailers, drive traffic and sales, create revenue
opportunities and generate positive publicity for the center.
Results should be trackable, and ROI analyzed for programs.
- In order to achieve personal and property sales goals and drive
NOI, you will actively create and sell media, sponsorship, and
- Participating in the local sales process from beginning to end,
you will establish a pipeline, refine sales targets and pitches,
and cultivate relationships with brand-appropriate partners in
pursuit of center deals.
- In this role, you will effectively communicate the benefit of
Tanger Outlets and offer marketing and advertising solutions to
- Collaborating with the Marketing Director, RVP of Marketing,
Corporate Marketing, and media agencies you will develop targeted
advertising and media plans.
- Using area print and broadcast resources you will assist in
garnering publicity on a local and regional level. You will prepare
and distribute press releases and media alerts, as well as maintain
an updated media contact list for the center's market.
- You will provide retailers with the support they need to be
successful by cultivating strong retailer relations, working with
the General Manager and Marketing Director to host quarterly
meetings, and communicate via a monthly newsletter.
- We will look to you to flawlessly execute national, regional
and local Marketing and Marketing Partnership programs.
- Engaging with the local community and working under the
guidance of the Marketing Director, you will develop and execute a
local tourism strategy to include bus and tour group programs,
partnerships and cross-promotions with local hotels, resorts, and
other tourist destinations. You will participate in festivals,
conventions and trade shows as applicable.
- You will develop positive working relationships with community,
civic leaders and the city. To benefit the center's growth and
increase awareness of the center's and Tanger's role as a good
corporate citizen, you will participate actively in the area
Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Welcome
Centers and other city organizations.
- With the goal of moving business forward and eliminating
obstacles to progress, you will ensure field support for all Tanger
Corporate Departments, as required including Marketing, Leasing,
- Inspiring success, you will oversee management of Shopper
Services, including hiring, training, budget management, progress
against goals and performance of Shopper Services staff.
Communicating effectively, you will ensure that customer service
representatives deliver outstanding service to shoppers and
retailers. What skills are necessary for success?
- You naturally use independent judgment, critical thinking and
prioritization to understand changing business needs.
- You possess the ability to identify areas of ambiguity and
think strategically to make decisions within established policies
- You have demonstrated leadership capacity, including the
ability to mentor, influence and motivate others. You have the
ability to evaluate assigned personnel, establish priorities,
provide training, and ensure property marketing and business
development plans are executed flawlessly.
- You are an exceptional communicator with a passion for people
with strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working in a
team-oriented environment. Building team relationships to increase
performance, cohesion, and engagement is important to you.
- You have exemplary presentation skills and have no problem
speaking effectively with retailers, customers, vendors, and
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and possess
exceptional organizational and time management skills which help
you prioritize and manage multiple high-level projects with
timelines even through frequent interruptions and changing
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office
365, and are able to quickly learn Tanger systems.
- Your education includes a bachelor's degree from an accredited
university in marketing, sales, public relations, hospitality, or
any combination. 1-3 years' experience in any of these disciplines
is a plus.
- Working a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs,
including holidays, is no problem.
- You are able to travel via commercial airlines and maintain a
valid driver's license to operate your own vehicle or rental car in
a safe manner. This position requires up to 5% travel. Who will you
- You will collaborate with your team as well as corporate office
staff located at our headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Partner with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary
team! Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT) is a leading
operator of upscale open-air outlet centers that owns, or has an
ownership interest in, a portfolio of 37 centers. Tanger's
operating properties are located in 20 states and in Canada,
totaling approximately 13.7 million square feet, leased to over
2,600 stores operated by more than 500 different brand name
companies. The Company has more than 40 years of experience in the
outlet industry and is a publicly-traded REIT. For more information
on Tanger Outlet Centers, call 1-800-4TANGER or visit the Company's
website at www.tangeroutlets.com . Tanger Outlets has a fast-paced,
entrepreneurial culture that values a diverse workforce. With an
emphasis on diversity, Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications,
merit, and business need. E-Verify -- is a registered trademark of
the U.S. Department of Homeland Security EOE. Drug Free Workplace.
A background check will be conducted for this position. Tanger
Management, LLC participates in E-verify.
Keywords: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc., Fort Worth , Assistant Marketing Director, Advertising , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!