Teacher Pool 2023-2024- CTE Business
Company: Fort Worth Independent School District
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Teaching - Elementary & Secondary/High School Career and Technology
To Be Determined
Open until filled
Business Teacher Pool
2023-2024 School Year
Reports to: School Principal
Salary: Teacher Salary Schedule
Duty Days: 187
Your future is in our classroom
Teachers are expected to deliver rigorous instruction to students
in order to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth and
ensure that regardless of socioeconomic factors, every student is
prepared for accelerated learning to compete in a global
Essential Job Duties
Curriculum / Instruction
- Teaches knowledge and skills in one or more Career and
Technology Education fields in accordance with district curricula
and industry standards.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject
area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to
develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, best
utilize the available time for instruction, and fulfill the
requirements of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
- Instructs students in the proper use and care of professional
equipment, technology, and other professional materials.
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all
related subject areas.
- Promotes industry certification (e.g. SolidWorks) and teaches
knowledge and skills that prepare students for the certification
exam. Student Assessment
- Uses and implements ongoing assessments of student learning,
interprets higher level data (e.g. value add) to inform instruction
and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's
needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual
and small group instruction as needed.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District
- Administers industry certification exam to students in advanced
skills courses. Learning Environment
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of
the profession to everyday existence, including projects,
demonstrations, experiments, and hands-on activities.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to
laboratory, individualized and small group instruction, and student
- Takes note of state and industry requirements and standards for
engineering and updates all stakeholders of changes.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards
and school district policies, and establishes and maintains
standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional
learning atmosphere in the classroom. Parent Involvement
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and
parents.Professional Learning Community
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of
current developments in the educational field by attending
seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially
within special education, and participates in faculty meetings and
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids
and other supplies and equipment, maintains inventory records, and
ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Attends and participates in school events during and outside of
regular school hours.
- Establish and maintain relationships among local businesses,
the City of Fort Worth, and Tarrant County College personnel.
Personal Work Relationships
- All Fort Worth ISD employees must maintain a commitment to the
District's mission, vision, and strategic goals
- Exhibits high professionalism, standards of conduct and work
- Demonstrates high quality customer service; builds
rapport/relationship with the consumer.
- Demonstrates cultural competence in interactions with others;
is respectful of co-workers; communicates and acts as a team
player; promotes teamwork. Responds and acts appropriately in
Other Duties As Assigned
- Performs all job related duties as assigned and in accordance
to the Board rules, policies and regulations. All employees are
expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven
by need where a team effort is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current CTE teaching methods and educational
pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student
- Knowledge of subject matter and industry standards that lead to
licensure for careers or post-secondary professions.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work environment is a standard office setting and school building
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals;
standard instructional equipment such as Promethean Board.
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting,
bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15
pounds); occasional moderate lifting (less than 40 lbs.); may lift
and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to
- Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is
required for this position
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work
prolonged or irregular hours
- Valid State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) or be
eligible and required to earn certification within one year of
hiring date in the advertised Career and Technical Education
position(s): Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering 6-12 or 8-12;
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Grades 6-12;
Secondary Industrial Arts Grades 6-12; Secondary Industrial
Technology Grades 6-12; Technology Education Grades 6-12; Trades &
Industrial Education Grades 6-12 or 8-12 with approval from Career
and Technical Education; or Vocational Trades and Industry with
approval from Career and Technical Education.The following
certifications have additional work and education requirements:
- Trade and Industrial Education
- Option I - 1) a bachelor's degree from an accredited
institution; 2) three years of full-time wage-earning experience
within the past eight years in approved occupations for which
instruction is offered.
- Option II - 1) an associates' degree from an accredited
institution; 2) three years of full-time wage-earning experience
within the past eight years in one or more approved occupations for
which instruction is offered
- Option III - 1) a high school diploma or equivalent; 2) five
years of full- time wage-earning experience within the past eight
years in approved occupations for which instruction is
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
Keywords: Fort Worth Independent School District, Fort Worth , Teacher Pool 2023-2024- CTE Business, Education / Teaching , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...