Sr. Security Engineer
Company: Elevate Credit
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The Senior Information Security Engineer plays a critical role
at Elevate. This role will provide security leadership in the
implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the
incident handling, incident response, threat hunting, and related
processes at Elevate. The Senior Information Security Engineer also
serves as a consultant to internal and external customers in
establishing security for Elevate and its products. The Senior
Information Security Engineer provides technical direction and
support to less experienced members of the team and to other teams
(inside and outside of the department) who require security
expertise especially with regard to incidents, detections, and
- Serve as information security subject matter expert and
actively assist Elevate teams in the development of secure business
solutions for medium to highly complex problems.
- Monitor, analyze, and interpret security/system logs for events
and incidents reflective of unauthorized access, potential
malicious behavior, or operational irregularities.
- Work on multiple projects as the team member who leads the
security design of the project.
- Support or lead information security incident response as
- Monitor security advisories and ensure security updates,
patches, and preventive measures are in place throughout the
relevant Elevate security control environments.
- Engage and direct hunting of security threats in the
- Analyze audit findings and make recommendations to lower
security risks to acceptable levels
- Analyze incoming threats and make recommendations for tuning
security controls to address gaps in visibility, gaps in detection,
or gaps in mitigation
- Consult, advise, and approve secure network design.
- Ensure that security changes comply with company change
management policies and procedures.
- Author security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
for computing infrastructure.
- Establish, maintain, and monitor mechanisms to ensure
protection against malware on company computing systems.
- Automate security processes and tasks to achieve efficiencies
and/or improved accuracy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field of
study, or have equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of technical IT experience, 5 of which working as an
information security engineer or similar, including IP based
applications (DNS, SMTP, SSL, etc.)
- Strong background working with security technologies:
firewalls, intrusion detection, AV, IDS, vulnerability scanning and
remediation, security log and event management, network traffic
analysis, privilege management, etc.
- Working knowledge of Splunk or similar system highly
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards used in financial
industry (e.g., PCI, GLBA, SOX, SAS70)
- Strong understanding of LAN, WAN, and wireless communications
and protocol, including network packet analysis and routing
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems as well
as supporting technology (Active Directory)
- Prefer CISSP, GIAC, or CISM certification
- Must be able to juggle priorities and operate with little
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Scripting knowledge for automation of tasks (such as Python,
PowerShell, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills,
fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong
partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum;
has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate
change through influence
- Highly experienced at solving complex challenges in a directed,
methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner and has the
ability to analyze the current issue to envision creative
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team
settings with dependencies on other people
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult
situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the
long-term architectural view
- Steps outside of"comfort zone" to tackle new issues/challenges
in an aggressive manner, demonstrates the ability to leverage
self-directed learning opportunities, and is comfortable dealing
with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas; is open to
challenges and implements unique solutions to solve them; focuses
on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across
teams and departments
- Has established experience in his or her technical field and
continually augments experience and skills with the latest research
results and techniques
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of
actions, words, and professional beliefs
Keywords: Elevate Credit, Fort Worth , Sr. Security Engineer, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!