Special Operations HazMat Technician
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 23, 2020
WHO WE ARE:
US Ecology and NRC/SRS recently merged and have significantly
strengthened our position as the global leader of diversified
environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a
focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest
safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment
and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the
talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of
our diverse work force. The people of Us Ecology are committed to
this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US
Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off
and much more!u00a0
We are currently seeking a Special Operations Hazmat Technician to
join our growing team!u00a0
Support our 24/7/365 operations on emergency response, land service
and maritime contracts or projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Execution of fieldwork encompassed in tank car, tank truck
chemical transfers, packaging and disposal, emergency spill
response and site cleanup projects while under no supervision. All
associated shop duties.
* Execution of advanced skills in work associated with one or more
of the skilled trades/crafts.
* Proficient completion of all job-specific, employee related
paperwork including Time sheets, Daily Work Reports and Daily
Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms. Correct completion of Driver's Logs
and Notes/Incident Action Logbook. Correct completion of Hazardous
Waste Manifests, Health and Safety Forms, Job Start Forms and
Client Summary of Event Forms.
* Respond to Chemical releases, train derailments, Industrial fires
and under varying weather and work conditions.
* Load/ unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into vans,
* Perform confined space work inside tanks of varying dimensions;
involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
* Follow directions, proficient communication skills; read and
understand common danger placards/labels and hazardous warning
literature including site safety plans.
* Understand and comply with company and client safety standards
setting the example.
* Operate a forklift, bobcat, diaphragm pumps, transfer equipment,
and heavy equipment, after orientation and proper training.
* Attach and operate equipment attachments for various vehicles
(forklift, bobcat, etc).
* Safely drive and perform safety checks on company vehicles
(including Class A/B).
* Set up a containment reduction zone consistent with OSHA
* Calibrate and use air monitoring equipment.
* Layout and operation of Company equipment including a variety of
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning
skills). Some experience performing related work (firefighting,
emergency response, general construction, industrial cleaning)
* Must be able to attend and pass OSHA required training necessary
for job functions including HAZWOPER certification, including
* Must become Confined Space Qualified and have CPR/First Aid
* Valid CDL Class "A" License with Hazmat Endorsement with an MVR
that meets company policy standards required or a Class "A" License
is required to be obtained within 180 days of employment.
* Within 180 days of hire, Level A, B, and C competence with both
SCBA and air-line respirators.
* Safely operate all company equipment.
* Must have completion of applicable training to operate assigned
* HM181/126F DOT Driver Training.
* Training in hazardous materials management and compliance, or
* Travel required.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance
screening process including, but not limited to, employment
verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search
as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that
all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a
drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform
service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected
medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state
and local laws.
EOE -u00a0Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: NRC, Fort Worth , Special Operations HazMat Technician, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!