Senior Manager Facilities Engineering
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 23, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Senior Manager Facilities Engineering provides
around the clock oversight, leadership, Operations and Maintenance
(O&M) management, technical direction and performance
management within the Facilities Engineering Department.
Responsible for the safe work practices of team members as well as
the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the equipment and
facility for compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC), Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA), Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA),
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), Texas
Department of State Health Services (TDSHS), local/state/federal
codes as well as compliance with JPS Health Network policies and
* Manages department operations for assigned JPS/Acclaim locations
by planning, implementing and monitoring budgets, goals and
objectives within area of responsibility. Manages supervisors and
other department employees.
* Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining a preventive
maintenance programs for all JPS locations.
* Evaluates all rotating equipment, generating equipment,
distribution systems and recommends modifications and replacements
* Provides technical assistance and expertise to all facilities
* Provides in-service programs and encourages participation in
departmental education and training programs.
* Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
workshops, professional affiliations, etc.
* Monitors budget on a daily basis and explains variances to
* Maintains schedule of testing of emergency power systems, life
safety systems, and medical gas systems.
* Maintains records for water testing of various systems, including
but not limited to: boilers, cooling systems, cooling towers, city
* Selects, trains, assigns, promotes and supervises all Power Plant
staff. Ensures effective and consistent communication of
administrative directives to staff.
* Develops team by coaching, mentoring, fostering a spirit of
teamwork and unity among the Facilities Engineering team
* Provides feedback through employee recognition, rewards and
* Ensures that proper procedures, frequencies, documentation,
quality levels and other regulatory requirements are achieved
through the established preventive maintenance programs.
* Participates in the development and application of standards of
quality and productivity for the mechanical, electrical, and power
* Administers the Power Plant maintenance program to ensure the
uninterrupted operations of the entire physical plant.
* Maintains all regulatory requirements to include documentation
and building maintenance for all local, state federal, NFPA, and
other accrediting organization standards.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree from an accredited University; preferably in
Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.), healthcare
management, or similar discipline
* 5 plus years of experience working in healthcare or similar
facility with extensive knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling
towers, emergency power generating systems, pumps, building
automation systems, electrical distribution systems and medical gas
* 5 plus years of experience in supervising and management
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) (or must be
completed within the first year of employment).
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Healthcare related power plant leadership and experience
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* License or certification in HVAC, plumbing, or electrical.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Senior Manager Facilities Engineering, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!