Engineer through Senior Engineer
Company: Oncor Electric Delivery
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 26, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: The Transmission
Relay Support group provides in-house support to Transmission
Operations, namely P&C technicians, and System Protection
personnel. This support includes establishing and maintaining
effective relay protection policies, developing and reviewing
testing procedures, developing and support automated testing
routines, providing technician training, and promoting work
practices that encourage safe and reliable operation of the
electrical system. Directly or through others, the incumbent:
- Provides in-house protection and control related "service
engineer" support for field technicians, including the
installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective
relaying equipment,--relaying schemes, and DFR equipment. Support
includes field visits as necessary.
- Supports System Protection engineers in testing new relaying
schemes and developing testing procedures for these new designs
prior to field deployment.
- Works closely with vendors/manufacturers and company
engineering groups in researching, developing, and implementing new
technology, both hardware and software.
- Develops and/or reviews written standard protective relaying
scheme procedures for work in power plant switchyards, major
transmission stations, sensitive customer serving substations and
other substation locations as appropriate to support commissioning
and maintenance testing (that meet NERC requirements).
- Tests and supports various software applications on P&C
Technician laptops as needed.
- Assists in the development of P&C Technician training, held
once yearly for all P&C Technicians and twice a year for new
P&C Technicians, as well as on-demand training
- Supports compliance with NERC PRC-002, PRC-004, and PRC-018by
providing technical support, including coordination with other
departments, during investigations into relay events. Assists in
documentation of development and implementation of appropriate
Corrective Action Plans to correct specific relay misoperations by
- Supports NERC CIP Cyber Security compliance, specific to
substation requirements, by providing technical input into internal
procedure development, execution, and documentation as needed.
- Performs all essential aspects and functions of the job as well
as any other specific job requirements. Education, Experience, &
Skill Requirements The minimum education and experience
requirements are: For an Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Generally requires 2 years of relevant engineering
- General level of knowledge in at least one area related to
Power System Protection subject matter.
- Capable of being licensed as a Professional Engineer in the
State of Texas.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute the
installation, testing, checkout and trouble-shooting of relay
control schemes, including writing of basic procedures
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Must be flexible, have organizational skills, and multi-task
skills to handle diverse types of work.
- Must effectively work across disciplines and functions to
achieve common goals and company business purposes.
- Capable of working with people of divergent backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex subject matter and
company issues to vendor and Oncor Electric Delivery employees. For
a Staff Engineer - in addition to the above:
- Generally requires 4 years of relevant engineering
- High level of knowledge in at least one area related to Power
System Protection subject matter.
- Demonstrated history of technical decision making and review of
relay scheme procedures for corrective action prior to
- Previous participation on committees and in training of others
preferred. For a Senior Engineer - in addition to the above:
- Must have a Texas Professional Engineering license
- Generally requires 6 years of relevant engineering
- High level of knowledge in multiple areas related to Power
System Protection subject matter. The minimum skill requirements
- Strong communication skills, including technical writing and
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel,
- Proficient in AcSELerator, DFR Report Viewer, Enoserv RTS-5
and/or ProTest, Exceed on Demand, Maximo, ProjectWise
(MicroStation), WinECP, and ASPEN preferred.--
- Ability to support IT in the installation and troubleshooting
technician computer software.
- Familiarity with listed NERC CIP and PRC standards preferred.
Measures of Success
- Field support is provided in a timely manner, including
execution of technician training sessions.
- Relaying procedures are written and/or reviewed accurately and
- Compliance with listed NERC PRC and CIP standards is
maintained. Qualifications Education Required Bachelors or better
in Electrical Engineering. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Oncor Electric Delivery, Fort Worth , Engineer through Senior Engineer, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!