Field Service Electronics Technician
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Eaton's Power Quality division is seeking a Field Service
Electronics Technician to join our team of world-class customer
service professionals. This position will primarily service our PDI
product line, including power distribution, static switching, and
power monitoring equipment with future opportunity to cross-train
on UPS systems and batteries. The position is based in the greater
Dallas TX area.
In this role, you will perform on-site emergency repairs, start-up
services and preventative maintenance in a 24/7 on-call environment
with regional responsibility. You will provide technical support to
customers and serve as technical advisor for operational or
maintenance aspects of system equipment. This position will be
located remotely and will work out of a home office within the
immediate geographic area.
Eaton's Power Quality division designs, manufactures, and services
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, power
distribution, static switching, and power monitoring equipment for
data centers and industrial and commercial customers to ensure
power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our
technicians deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers'
most challenging energy management requirements.
- Be a key member of a world-class service organization that
recently celebrated 13 consecutive years of growth.
- Join an organization where your health & safety are the
number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the
training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined
technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in
various business functions.
- Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including
24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support.
- Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class
training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K,
medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays,
- Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters
- Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans
and their families.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of electronic, power distribution, power
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer
entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to,
periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Dallas TX will be considered.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship now or in the future
- Associate's Degree in a technical field from an accredited
school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75%
of drive-time expected.
- Ability to read electrical drawings/schematics and knowledge of
troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Ability to work with other technicians and take directions from
the lead technician on site
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but
not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive
lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting;
bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit
theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and
microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet
celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is
appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and
customer rules on safety
- Must provide high quality of service
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows,
Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Fort Worth TX Loc 1
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID :096505
Keywords: Eaton, Fort Worth , Field Service Electronics Technician, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!