Staff Fire Protection Engineer - Mission Critical (Fort Worth)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 17, 2022
DescriptionThe Staff Fire Protection Engineer will perform the
design work on multi-discipline projects and prepare comprehensive
fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm,
smoke management, and life safety. This position will work on
various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and
- Design, specify, and provide multi-discipline coordination of
the following fire protection systems: Wet-pipe, dry-pipe,
pre-action, deluge, and foam/water fire suppression systems. Fire
water supply infrastructure including fire water storage tanks,
fire pumps, underground and above ground distribution piping and
associated appurtenances. Outdoor fire suppression systems
including monitors, spray systems, and exposure protection systems.
Addressable and non-addressable voice evacuation fire alarm systems
including initiation devices, supervision devices, and audible and
visual notification appliances. Releasing systems for pre-action,
foam/water, and clean agent systems.
- Perform fire protection calculations including the hydraulic
analysis of fire water supply and demand, battery calculations, and
voltage drop calculations.
- Evaluate building and life safety requirements including
building area and height limitations, building construction types,
fire resistive assemblies and opening protections, occupancy
classifications, hazards, building egress, and active and passive
smoke management systems.
- Provide construction administration including coordination with
field personnel to resolve design related installation issues, the
review of contractor shop drawings and calculations, field
inspections, and testing of fire protection systems.
- Perform site evaluations and document existing fire protection
- Prepare project budgets and cost estimates.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Responsible for compliance with company and site safety
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection Engineering or related
degree from an ABET accredited program and 3 years of fire
protection engineering experience.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection or related
Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and
successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Master of Science degree in Fire Protection Engineering a
- Successful completion (i.e.passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- NICET certification in Water-Based System Layout, Fire Alarm
Systems, or Special Hazards Systems (National Institute for
Certification in Engineering Technologies) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
- Strong knowledge of building codes, fire codes, NFPA standards,
FM Global datasheets, military standards, and refinery/industrial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment, and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient in standard engineering techniques and
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access
authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential
clients, including, but not limited to DOE, aerospace, military,
food and consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical,
laboratories, and others necessary to perform
work.EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransJob Fire Protection
EngineerPrimary Location US-TX-Fort WorthOther Locations
US-TX-DallasSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 20 % of the TimeReq ID:
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Fort Worth , Staff Fire Protection Engineer - Mission Critical (Fort Worth), Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!