Design Engineer I
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Meyer Utility Structures, an Arcosa subsidiary, is searching for
a Design Engineer I in our Fort Worth, TX office! The Engineer is
responsible for the analysis and design of tubular steel
transmission structures and associated products to be in
conformance with project design criteria, applicable industry
standards and Meyer Utility Structures policies, procedures and
design standards. The Engineer will coordinate and communicate
technical information and requirements with internal and external
customers and will prepare complete and accurate designs, details,
documentation and reports for assigned projects. The Engineer will
assist in resolving technical issues on drawings, in fabrication
and construction as needed.
What You'll do:
- Review customer specifications and project design criteria
- Using computer programs, design tools, engineering documents
and structural engineering fundamentals, analyze and design
structures and appurtenances to meet customer specifications and
project design criteria.
- Prepares design calculations and cost estimating
- Review drawings for design conformance and customer revisions.
Coordinates customer design revisions with project management,
modeling and estimating.
- Resolves problems of ambiguity during Drafting of Shop
- Reports the impact of design changes to the Project
- As needed, performs checks of projects designed by other
What You'll need:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with background in
Structural Design or equivalent work experience that provides
knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and
- E.I.T preferred
- Steel Design coursework strongly preferred
- Theoretical understanding of Basic Structural Engineering
- Ability to work as part of a teamMeyer Utility Structures is an
industry leader in the engineering design and fabrication of
concrete, lattice, and tubular steel structures for transmission,
distribution, and substation applications. With over sixty years of
innovative engineering and manufacturing expertise, Meyer has
helped to author and validate many of today's transmission industry
standards and specifications.
Keywords: Arcosa, Fort Worth , Design Engineer I, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!