Diesel Technician Mechanic
Company: Western Dairy Transport
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Diesel Technician Mechanic
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and
preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle
deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping
At Western Dairy Transport ""we exist to enrich and grow people,
families and communities."" It is our mission ""to deliver the
highest quality service while operating in the safest most
efficient manner possible,"" and our vision is ""to be the best and
most desired employer and service provider in all industries we
Our WDT Spirit encompasses our four Guiding Principles of:
* Community - investing in people
* Integrity - maintaining trust through uncompromised honesty
* Service - humbly serving all those on our path
* Safety - driving our decisions, protecting lives
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Essential Duties:
* Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive
maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades;
controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
* Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major
assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as,
power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel,
emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop
operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing
loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil
systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
* Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting
controls and systems.
* Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing
engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and
* Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating
instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
* WDT is a 24/7 operation. Technicians may be called upon for
service calls on a rotational basis.
* Availability to be on call as needed outside of regular working
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
* Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools,
Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability,
Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory
Control, Job Knowledge
Click Apply Now!
Keywords: Western Dairy Transport, Fort Worth , Diesel Technician Mechanic, Engineering , Dublin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!