Project Engineer (PE) - Roadway (FTW)
Company: IEA Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 6, 2022
DescriptionIEA Inc. currently has an opening for a Project
Engineer to join our Roadway Team in Dallas, TX.This individual
will perform roadway design on TxDOT highway projects under the
supervision of a Project Manager and/or Roadway Task Leader. They
may also work with others on civil design assignments as well.
Preferably, this person is familiar with the TxDOT Specifications
and TxDOT Roadway Design Manual.
The primary duties of the Professional Engineer will be to produce
engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, specifications, and
estimates using engineering software with occasional assistance
from other Project Engineers and Project Managers. Work may also
entail field investigations and inspections.
- Apply knowledge of engineering to design highway
- Perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment
of an experienced engineer.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established
and well-defined procedures.
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving
calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approaches to solving new problems encountered.
- Identify discrepancies in results.
- Provide guidance to entry level engineers.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule
with little supervision.
- Prepare project designs related to transportation and municipal
- Prepare technical documents.
- Preparation and implementation of effective presentations,
participation in client meetings and regular interaction with
clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and
- Regularly work on multiple, unique assignments
- Strong technical writing and communication skills required for
technical reports and proposals a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of
our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an
ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience related to civil
engineering for highway/roadway projects is required.
- TxDOT highway or Texas municipalities experience is a
- TxDOT Roadway Design, including Schematic Design.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation is required.
- GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads experience is preferred.
- Experienced with AutoCAD: Civil 3D or Similar design software
is a plus.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.) experience is
Keywords: IEA Inc., Fort Worth , Project Engineer (PE) - Roadway (FTW), Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!