Field Service Technician (Remote / 90% Travel)
Company: Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading
brands - Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd
Eye, and Soft-Pak - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment
group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through
extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and
manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and
proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused
on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible
products and providing world-class support. For more information,
POSITION SUMMARY:Primarily responsible for providing or
coordinating equipment start-ups, demonstration and promotional
services to our customers in the form of new and existing equipment
demonstrations and technical service functions; including
troubleshooting equipment via telephone, general and technical
information, planning and conducting training, and performing field
service work assisting customers with problems associated with
these areas. Also, includes reports on warranty and quality of all
products manufactured by Environmental Solutions Group (ESG). This
position will require in depth product knowledge of all Marathon
product offerings with a willingness to learn other ESG product
offerings as jobs arise.
JOB DUTIES / FUNCTIONS:Demonstration/Promotional
- Recognized as the company expert in operation and demonstration
of Environmental Solutions Group's complete portfolio of new and
existing Heil products, Marathon products, 3rd Eye products, Bayne
products, and Curotto products to showcase equipment features and
- Works nationwide with RMs, KAMs, Dealers and End-users to
- Primary responsibilities will be to support the Sales
department with the operation, management and overall maintenance
of all equipment.
- Job focus is to help expose dealers and consumers to the ESG
- General schedule will include travel to, and attendance of, key
consumer and dealer events throughout the year. The specifics of
each agenda will vary depending on whether it is a dealer clinic,
Expo or other, but the underlying goal of creating positive brand
awareness with an eye towards supporting sales will remain the same
in each case.
Technical Service Responsibilities:
- Receives customer inquiries regarding all company products and
resolves customer problems. Includes trouble-shooting assistance
via telephone and ability to repair Environmental Solutions Group
products in the field.
- Repair machine through modems online with PC. Must be able to
send programs to customers and communicate through e-mail.
- Revise and modify engineering designs in the field to include
PLC/controller programming hydraulic and electrical circuits for
more efficient operation of Environmental Solutions Group
- May visually inspect products at various stages of production
process to determine and maintain quality and reliability of
products. Must be willing to work in plant departments to learn new
- Completes periodic reports. Includes evaluating data collecting
and writing summaries to validate or show deviations from quality
standards. Present pertinent information from field start-ups in
writing or orally.
- Verifies accounting reports for all accounts associated with
the Service Department.
- Drives company and personal vehicles and uses airlines for
field service visits. Includes assisting customers with
installations, training, troubleshooting, etc. Involves lifting and
carrying parts weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Requires willingness and ability to travel as needed
(occasionally on short notice), and requires valid driver's license
and credit card. Travel required up to 90% of time.
- Attendance at work, including presence at work during regular
working hours or other schedule as may be assigned by the
department manager, is essential. Acceptance of overtime
assignments may also be required in order to meet departmental
goals and objectives.
Other Job Functions:
- Attends required training sessions, workshops, seminars,
- Work with Engineering as needed on research and development of
- Performs other various duties as may be assigned.
- Attends trade shows and customer events as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRMENTS
- Minimum 2 year Technical School, College or equivalent work
- Ability to travel 90% (Must have valid drivers license and
- Understand hydraulic and electrical principles
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
Keywords: Heil Environmental, Fort Worth , Field Service Technician (Remote / 90% Travel), Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!