Cloud Infrastructure Engineer III
Company: Kaplan North America, LLC
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title Cloud Infrastructure Engineer IIIJob DescriptionIf you
are enthusiastic about education, using your skills and talents to
help improve people's lives, and interested in working on a team of
professionals at a globally respected education organization-
you've found the right place. At Kaplan, we're passionate about
what we do and who we do it for.
Unyielding determination to make a difference in people's lives
through the power of education- That is Kaplan. For more than 80
years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional
advancement. We are the intersection of education and technology,
providing our students and clients with an experience that not only
allows them to achieve their goals, but also ignites lifelong
learning. Kaplan's culture of collaboration, innovation, and
creativity truly makes Kaplan a great place to work and positions
us to continue to deliver a best-in-class educational
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside
those that want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the
world around them.As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will
combine your passion for automation and expertise in Azure to
deliver continuous value to customers. In this role, you will work
collaboratively with development and engineering teams to design
new capabilities and make recommendations for improvement on
existing ones. As a level 3, you are expected to be able to work
independantly and provide guidance to more junior level members of
the team. A level 3 will be able to recognize larger problems
proactively and work with other team members and other teams on
solving the problem.Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing and documenting cloud infrastructure
and services, and ensuring design is optimized for performance and
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency by automating
infrastructure operations via automation and orchestration.
- Engineers the standards for monitoring, updating, optimization,
redundancy, stability of cloud systems for product teams and
operations to adhere to.
- Collaborates with Cloud Architects and other Engineers in
developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions.
- Responsible for delivering operational excellence and
"always-on" customer experiences with apps/services in Azure
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance
- Automate and implement Infrastructure as Code using
configuration management tools
- Develop and drive incident management processes, playbooks and
stakeholder communication mechanisms.
- Drive root cause analysis (RCA) and risk management
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Solve high level and complex infrastructure problems.
- Participate in on-call support rotations and shifts as
- Design and orchestrate infrastructure projects such as
installations, upgrades, patches, migrations, and
implementations.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, IT,
Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent alternative
education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7+ years of proven experience applying IT hosting and cloud
- Cloud hosting (Azure)
- Cloud capacity planning and cost optimization
- Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Software deployment technologies
- Resilient cloud design
- Performance monitoring
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)Preferred Qualifications
- Cloud Certifications highly desirable (Azure).
- Strong knowledge of public cloud architecture (Azure)
- Experience with deployment technologies (Jenkins, Azure
- Familiarity with containerization, orchestration, and
- Understanding of microservices, and service meshes.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud security best practices.
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows OS, SQL
databases, and networking technology.We offer a competitive
benefits package including:
- Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
- Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match
and two pension programs
- Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and
substantial discounts for our employees and close family
- Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts
day-1 of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation,
personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one
(1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our
- And so much more!#LI-IS1#LI-RemoteThis position is a Salary
Grade BLocationRemote/Nationwide, USAAdditional Locations Employee
TypeEmployeeJob Functional Area DevelopmentBusiness Unit00091
Kaplan Higher EDKaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per
year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions
are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education,
among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or
commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found
here.Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community.
Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only
does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and
skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the
Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas,
and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating
and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn
more about our culture.
Keywords: Kaplan North America, LLC, Fort Worth , Cloud Infrastructure Engineer III, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!