Aviation Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Type: Contract
- Provide cybersecurity expertise to assist digital aircraft and
operational technology teams in analyzing risk and recommending
- Define and deliver engineering solutions, security
requirements, and standards that incorporate industry best
practices and company technology standards across multiple security
- Scan digital aircraft and operational technology systems and
endpoints using Vulnerability Management tools and practices.
- Work extended hours and travel occasionally based on project
and operation needs. Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience supporting security technologies.
- 5 years of network, server, and application systems engineering
- 4+ years of experience using cybersecurity frameworks (i.e.,
NIST 800 series).
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure,
and others (i.e., inspection, logging, WAF, VM).
- Experience managing the lifecycle of digital certificates and
supporting stakeholders on PKI processes and procedures.
- Experience with logging and analytics applications.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Experience with designing, developing, and integrating Active
Directory Group Policy, Local Security Policy, and Windows
- Experience deploying cloud controls for infrastructure,
platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS).
- Experience collaborating successfully with project managers,
engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver
projects on time and within budget. Preferred Qualifications:
- Lead or assist with implementation and integration efforts for
key and certificate management technologies and processes.
- Critical infrastructure, government, and/or aviation
- Significant experience in at least two of the following domains
(Vulnerability Remediation, Security Logging, Authentication, &
Public Key Infrastructure). Skills, Licenses, & Certifications:
- Application coding and scripting (e.g., Python, SQL, BASH,
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging
based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills,
collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as
- Ability to perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and
- High-level understanding of network exploitation, attack
strategies and methods, current IT security technology, software,
and cyber threat mitigation tools.
- Significant experience with virtualization architectures
(Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH,
GSEC, GCFA, GREM, CCENT. Language, Communication Skills, & Physical
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
with all levels within the organization.
- Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform
the essential functions of the position, with or without any
legally required reasonable accommodations that do not pose an
- Maintain an effective approach to problem-solving,
multitasking, coordinating, and scheduling in accordance with
stated goals to ensure visibility and predictability.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
- Provides internal security consultations for teams supporting
digital aircraft, ground, and communication systems.
- Coordinate with business, IT teams, and IS Risk to remediate
compliance findings in a timely manner while addressing risk
- Interface with industry counterparts like Aviation-ISAC, IATA
Cybersecurity Task Force, and oneworld partners.
- This is a contract opportunity with optional benefits including
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), life insurance, etc.
- We can facilitate W2 and corp-to-corp (C2C) consultants. For
our W2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes
medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) with company matching, and
Established in 1998, Ntelicor provides hard to find IT talent and
flexible staffing and IT solutions to Fortune 50 and companies of
all sizes. We dedicate ourselves to our clients' unique needs and
rapidly and efficiently deploy our specialists and solutions. As
our team continues to grow, we look forward to providing our
clients and our people with extraordinary value and service for
years to come.
This job not for you? Refer your friends! If we hire a candidate
you refer, you can earn up to $1,000 per referral.
Keywords: Ntelicor, Fort Worth , Aviation Cybersecurity Engineer, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...