Company: Paragon Energy Solutions LLC
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Paragon is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team! The
mechanical engineer provides sound engineering principles in
design, development, implementation, testing and evaluation (by
analytical or other means) for equipment applied in nuclear
safety-related projects. Mechanical Engineers produce accurate and
technically proficient designs of mechanical and electromechanical
equipment to support custom solutions for operating issues within a
nuclear station or other nuclear operated facilities.
- Identifies and analyzes project requirements to accurately
evaluate project needs.
- Ability to read and understand design/industry specifications
and technical drawings.
- Compiles and reviews exiting mechanical designs and
specifications for purchasing or fabrication.
- Collect basic information about material or equipment for
- Preparation of Bills of Materials and purchase orders for
- Evaluate and provide feedback to proposals, quotes, and bids
from vendors in support of the sales organization.
- Selects vendors to purchase products; visit vendor facilities
to conduct inspections, audits, or performance reviews and ensure
that required standards are met.
- Writes and coordinates test plans and test reports.
- Performs engineering calculations are necessary to support
critical design or analysis of equipment.
- Technical execution of projects/orders and coordinating with
Business Segment Team and supporting engineering staff.
- Technical oversight of all project related shop work, project
deliverables, and associated submittals to customer.
- Produces designs and layouts for mechanical
- Reports status of activities timely and accurately. Establish
and communicate estimated delivery dates of materials or
- Meets project timeline and scheduled due dates.
- Maintains complete, updated, and accurate project files that
contain all appropriate engineering elements of the project.
- Identify and resolve non-conformances to contractual or
- Assist other Engineers and Project Managers when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Experience in nuclear or a related field is a plus.
- Experience with ASME Section III, HVAC, or design fabrication
will be strongly considered
- Professional Engineer license (state issued), recommended but
- Must have professional level knowledge of Solidworks or other
similar CAD software, ANSYS, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) 3-D
- Must have technical, analytical, communication and time
management skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to manager
your daily work based on priority of multiple projects.
- In-depth mathematical knowledge; algebra, geometry, calculus,
statistics, and their applications.
- Expected to have strong problem-solving skills, capable of
coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and
improving existing processes or products within the bounds of
quality and industry regulations.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written. A strong
candidate must be able to communicate with any and all levels and
groups within the organization and shall be able to do so whilst
maintaining business professionalism.
- Occasional travel required: up to 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legal
Keywords: Paragon Energy Solutions LLC, Fort Worth , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...