Company: IEA Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Location: USA - TX - Fort Worth - Minimum Experience: 10+ years
DescriptionIEA Inc. is seeking a Resident Engineer to join our team
in Fort Worth, TX.
This individual should be someone that wants to be part of a
growing Engineering and Inspection Firm and have the chance to
excel in a team environment with limitless growth potential. The
Resident Engineer will work closely with IEA's Construction
Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Project Managers to acquire
knowledge and skills to become a CEI Project Manager.
The primary duties of the Resident Engineer will be to perform
field management of IEA's contract, administration and coordination
on mid to large size projects of a diverse and complex nature. The
candidate will monitor activities of assigned projects for
conformance with contractual requirements. The candidate will
provide technical leadership for complex or unique assignments.
Work will entail reviews of drawings, specifications, and
installation procedures for constructability and could involve
recommending changes to design. The Resident Engineer will
represent IEA at project meetings and conferences.
The Resident Engineer should reflect IEA's ideals and ethical
values at all times.
- Reads and interprets complex contract documents.
- Monitors Contractor progress and compares with reviewed
- Provides guidance and training to inspection staff. Mentors and
- Collects data to brief Client on project issues and provides
- Reviews and drafts responses to Contractors correspondence as
- Prepares Summary Inspection Report of Daily Activities.
- Inspects construction methods and workmanship to ensure
contractors comply with plans, specifications and contract
- Inspects roadways and evaluates road conditions.
- Monitors audits of monthly and final estimates change orders,
supplemental agreements, and extra work orders; reviews monthly and
final estimates prior to submittal.
- Performs complex data collection, evaluations, analyses,
studies, inspections, forecasts, assessments, and/or plan
- Responds to public concerns regarding construction and provides
or recommends correct, cost effective solutions to issues raised
during the administration of a construction project.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws,
policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Employees at this
level perform work independently on assignments; however all
unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
- Participates in the procurement process.
- Support and maintain the morale, welfare, professional
development, training and work-life balance of all assigned
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, practices,
- Serves as an example of proper conduct.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- An attitude and commitment to actively participate in our
employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Resident Engineer on
multi-disciplinary transportation construction projects, including
all aspects of Roadway and Bridge construction with experience on
transportation agency projects such as TXDOT, NTTA or other Toll
agencies, Counties or Municipalities. Experience requirements may
include assignments prior to Licensure.
- Registered Texas Professional Engineer Required
- Knowledge of TxDOT SiteManager Software Preferred
- Knowledge of P6 or other Scheduling Software Preferred
- Supervisor Training Preferred
BenefitsIEA is a growing engineering company with BIG company
benefits! These benefits include paid holidays, paid time off
(PTO), health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching,
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Flexible Spending Plans
(FSA), annual and project bonus potential, and trainings to provide
continuing education opportunities. At IEA we invest in our
We are looking for talented, forward-thinking individuals to join
us in our growth. If you're looking for a company that utilizes
talent to the fullest, where you can work on multiple facets of
projects, then please apply.
Keywords: IEA Inc., Fort Worth , Resident Engineer, Engineering , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!