Regional Vice President
Company: Tran Systems Corporation
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 22, 2021
For more than 50 years, TranSystems has provided engineering and
architectural planning, design and construction solutions to
enhance the movement of goods and people across today's integrated
transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo.,
its professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S.
perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the
transportation and federal marketplaces. Services are delivered
throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to
long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation. Summary The
Managing Director is responsible for their respective Area office's
success in achieving annual and company strategic operational goals
in alignment with the overall company strategic plan. Essential
Duties & Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Functions as the "face" of the company for his/her respective
Area/Region and manage the performance for the included offices, by
providing direction and oversight to Office Directors.
- Oversee Offices - Support and develop office leaders
- Schedule regular status meetings / trips with Office
- Profit and Loss Statements
- Yearly and bi-annual projections / budgets
- Office Leases / Space
- Develop contingency and leadership transitions plans, identify
successors and provide mentorship.
- Create a Business Plan / Vision that focuses on:
- Disciplines (traffic, road, survey, SUE, environmental,
- Communicate timely and effectively with their RSVP, Regional
Business Operations Manager and other Leaders within the
Area/Region as well as other members of the Senior Management and
Corporate Management Team.
- Employee Management- Ensure focus on creating a work
environment that retains top talent, creates development
opportunities for employees, coaches performance concerns, supports
positive morale, and strategically acquires new talent
- Financial Responsibilities - meet bottom line performance
- Review financials across Area/Region. Set up Operations calls
to review all active projects. Project % completes / forecasting on
large and/or focus projects. Work with PMs on project
- Work with RBOM and BM's for each office. PM meetings. Review
Accounts Receivable and At-Risk projects.
- Manage / optimize utilization - review / discuss and resolve
any utilization issues.
- Work with Office Directors on profit and loss, expenses. Ensure
we are containing expenses and using them wisely.
- Business Development: Meet Top Line Wins and Sales
- Discussing TS's largest Clients in each region, focus efforts
with help from MSL and key business development leaders
- Proposals / RFQ's - Go/No Go.
- Client Service Team Meetings - Provide guidance and support
where needed to ensure CSTs are delivering on expectations
- Lead Business Development / Outreach (conferences, outings,
- Coordination with other offices / areas / regions
- Ensure optimal utilization / workload by sharing work as
necessary across multiple offices
- Coordinate strategic hires with regional or national
responsibilities with interested service, market sector leaders and
other managing directors. Core Competencies
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate the mission and
objectives of the company to all levels of employees within the
offices in their designated Area/Region.
- Ability to understand, interpret, communicate and react
appropriately to financial reports and information.
- Ability to define and solve operational and employee
performance problems and issues in a timely and effective
- Applies mature judgment to issues, takes prudent risks, gathers
sufficient information, and exercises keen insight to make
confident and timely decisions. TranSystems is an equal opportunity
/ affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and
equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in
accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy
status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any
other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration
Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and
aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the
position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Business Development, Compliance,
Management, Engineering, Sales, Legal
Keywords: Tran Systems Corporation, Fort Worth , Regional Vice President, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!