RN Assistant Manager - Cardiac/COVID PCU
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The RN, Assistant Manager is responsible for
supporting the RN, Clinical Manager of nursing units (100 team
members) by managing the units daily activities, including
staffing, scheduling, rounding, and managing resources. The RN,
Assistant Manager provides oversight for the delivery of quality
patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing,
planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position also
manages and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on
established clinical nursing practice standards and provides
direction and leadership to unit staff members.
* Assists the RN, Clinical Manager with the planning, organizing,
and managing of the units day-to-day activities, including
staffing, scheduling, rounding, and managing resources. Adheres to
Network Policy and Procedures and related standards of work
* Supervises and evaluates work activities of nursing, technical,
clerical, service, maintenance, and other employees. Prepares and
administers departmental performance evaluations.
* Develops and maintains an effective and productive working
relationship with physicians, peers, staff, and other health care
* Participates and ensures staff participation, in the quality
improvement process, as directed by RN, Clinical Manager.
* Conducts regular meetings and provides other forms of
communication with reporting personnel and other affected staff
members including daily huddles and internal customer rounding to
assure awareness of operational and organization-wide issues.
* Maintains a safe and clean working environment ensuring
compliance with procedure rules and regulations.
* Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary
* Anticipates equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate
* Serves as an expert leader by mentoring clinical staff.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 2 plus years experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
* 1 plus years experience working as Team Lead.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 3 plus years experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state.
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advance Cardio
Life Support (ACLS) certification and must maintain throughout
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program
within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* RN Specialty Certification.
1575 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Assistant Manager - Cardiac/COVID PCU, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!