Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness
Company: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Assistant to the Assoc. VP for Institutional Effectiveness, Full
Time Department: Registrar Location: Fort Worth, TX
Position Title: Assistant to the Associate Vice President for
Institutional Effectiveness D epartment: Office of Institutional
Effectiveness Date Prepared: September 2020 FLSA Status: Hourly
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time Submissions without completed
application WILL NOT be considered. Standard of Christian
Commitment The divine mission of the Seminary mandates that all
personnel must demonstrate a commitment to the purposes of the
Seminary. Every employee shall be an active member of a local
church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is
expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ will be
portrayed in the community. Job Summary: Provides heavy support to
the Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness in the
form of data analysis and reporting. This includes securing,
analyzing, and preparing reports that are provided by the Associate
Vice President to mission critical constituencies including
Southwestern's President's Cabinet, Southwestern's Trustees, the
SBC Seminary Presidents, the SBC Executive Committee, and the SBC
at large, as well as the United States Department of Education, and
two of Southwestern's accrediting bodies, the Southern Association
of Colleges and Schools, and the Association of Theological
Schools. This position is also responsible for managing
Southwestern's student learning outcome assessment process
including rubric deployment and analysis, pre-post-test deployment
and analysis, and all surveys of campus constituencies including
all entering and graduating students. Essential Job Functions /
- Conducts enrollment census for ten semesters per year.
- Provides weekly graphs of enrollment activity.
- Provides headcount enrollment tables that are provided to
Southwestern's cabinet and Board of Trustees.
- Prepares the SBC FTE report that is used directly in the
calculation of Southwestern's eligibility for approximately $7
million of SBC Cooperative Program funding per year.
- Prepares the report of institutional data for the SBC Executive
Committee's Ministry Report Forms.
- Prepares the report of institutional data used in the SBC
annual Book of Reports.
- Prepares sections of the IPEDS report for the Department of
Education multiple times per year.
- Prepares enrollment portions of the Annual Report Forms for the
Association of Theological Schools.
- Prepares enrollment and graduation data for reporting to the
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Supports school faculty in the implementation of rubrics and
pre-post test assessment tools for all Southwestern's degree
- Supports school faculty in the reporting of assessment data
secured from rubrics and pre-post test assessment tools for all
Southwestern's degree programs.
- Prepares and deploys surveys to support the work of
Southwestern, including surveys of Southwestern's Board of
Trustees, entering students, and graduating students.
- Prepares reports of survey results for the Board of Trustees
and many offices that relate to entering and graduating
- Operates and reports the results of the Student Rating of
Teaching process for all permanent and adjunct faculty.
- Provides ad hoc data reporting on enrollment, survey, and
- Assists the Associate Vice President for Institutional
Effectiveness in other decennial, annual, and ad hoc accreditation
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice
President for Institutional Effectiveness. Skills / Requirements
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills related to email,
Word, PowerPoint, EvaluationKit, and our current student database
as it relates to job duties.
- Must demonstrate expert computer skills in Microsoft Excel,
PowerBI, Remark Survey Software, and Canvas.
- Complex spreadsheet operations a necessity, including skills
such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Must demonstrate expertise in working with number formulas and
ability to problem solve mathematical operations.
- Demonstrates a personable and warm demeanor to ensure a
positive and enjoyable experience with administrators, faculty,
staff, and students both in person and on the phone.
- Possesses a strong desire to serve others.
- Ability to multi-task and extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge of higher education environment.
- High degree of organization and accuracy in completion of
tasks. Qualifications / Education:
- Requires completion of a bachelor's degree in a STEM
- Prefer completion of a seminary master's degree and current
enrollment in a doctoral degree.
- Successful completion of background check, MVR, and credit
check may be required Supervision:
- Reports to the Associate Vice President for Institutional
- No supervisory responsibility. Decision-Making
- As noted above, many crucial decisions are made throughout each
day pertaining to the reports prepared for key constituencies.
Exposure to Confidential Information
- Yes. Exposed to confidential student records, including all
data points recorded for students, including grades, health, and
personal information. Also regularly interacts with highly
confidential information related to campus enrollment and faculty
performance. Physical Requirements
- Physical able to sit and stand for long periods of time,
- Able to use computer and move about office to interact with
other staff members,
- Able to attend meetings on site,
- Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds of parts and
- Must be able to perform occasional overhead reaching, bending,
stooping, twisting, and kneeling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth , Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!