Director, Infection Prevention
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Director Infection Prevention is responsible for
directing, managing and ensuring compliance with the Infection
Prevention and Control standards of the organization. This job
serves as a resource for the organization, health system, and
community on infection prevention and control issues. This role
also acts as a key facilitator for Joint Commission (JC)
preparation and is a primary resource for the continued readiness
team on all standards related to infection prevention and
* Prepares department operating budgets on an annual basis and
monitors areas of responsibility for compliance within current
* Prepares and administers departmental performance
* Promotes departmental and organizational activities for providing
courteous customer service to patients, families, visitors and
* Participates in leadership development activities; implements
strategies and processes to improve employee morale and
* Works with physicians, organizational leaders, community leaders,
and staff to promote understanding of infection prevention and
control (IPC) regulations and functions.
* Completes hospitals mandatory knowledge and competency
documentation requirements within designated timeframe.
* Directs, supervises and supports functions of the Department of
Infection Prevention staff.
* Detects and records nosocomial infections on a systematic and
current basis using National Healthcare Safety Network definitions
and reports them to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
* Develops plans for and provides leadership to the implementation
of efforts to reduce common nosocomial infections within the
institution including but not limited to catheter-associated
urinary tract infection (CAUTI), central line-associated blood
stream infections (CLABSI), Clostridium difficile infection,
surgical site infections, methicillin-resistant staphylococcus
aureus (MRSA) infection, and ventilator-associated events.
* Performs daily reviews of microbiology epidemiological report to
detect clustering of pathogenic organisms in patient
* Oversees preparation of IPC Surveillance data presented to the
Infection Prevention and Control Committee (IPCC). Immediately
informs the Medical Director of Infection Control and Prevention of
surveillance findings involving unusual organisms or
* Conducts epidemiologic investigations of these findings with the
assistance of the Medical Director of Infection Control and
* Monitors isolation practices and Standard Precautions while
conducting surveillance activities on nursing units and in hospital
departments. Reports identified problems to the manager of that
* Supervises staff by determining workloads and schedules;
evaluates and makes hiring, corrective action and termination
recommendations; and ensures staff are oriented, trained and are
following health system policies and departmental procedures.
* Leads the drafting of the annual IPC plan for the organization
and ensures that it is fully implemented once approved.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Nursing,
or other related field of study from an accredited program of
* 5 plus years of supervisory and/or leadership experience in a
* 2 plus years of experience in Infection Control with
strong/expert working knowledge of infectious diseases, data
collection, and/or basis statistics.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* If a nurse, a current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners
for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between
the State of Texas and another state.
* Infection Control certification (CIC) upon hire, or within one
year of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 2 plus years of relevant clinical experience
* Clinical licensure (RN/DO/MD/etc.)
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
* CIC upon hire.
1400 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Director, Infection Prevention, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!