Area MDS Director
Company: Downtown Health and Rehabilitation Center
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Summary / Primary Duty
The Area MDS Coordinator responsibilities include but are not
limited to scheduling, completing and submitting MDS Assessments
for assigned area facilities.
Functional Responsibility .
1. Review, assist with and/or complete MDS schedules for assigned
facilities and assist the RCMD with MDS Assessment completion.
2. Upon weekly receipt of the Case Mix Opportunity Report from the
RCMS review with the facility RCMD and assist with timely
completion of those assessments.
3. Monitor and analyze supporting Caretracker documentation,
Restorative Nursing documentation and nursing and therapy
documentation for RUG levels prepared for transmission to the
4. Follow up weekly on all submitted RUGS Assessments on the TMHP
on-line Portal until the process is completed and all LTCMI issues
are resolved. Attend BAP and Case Mix weekly meetings as schedule
permits. Work with facility to resolve 'Gap Days'.
5. Monitor, analyze and address trends in data related to RUGS
6. Report on RUGS utilization in assigned facilities to management.
Work in collaboration with region and facility management teams to
increase the number of Part A and Part B therapy discharges
converting to RUGS RA and Restorative Nursing levels of
7. Assist in the development of solutions for improvement.
8. Identify areas for improvement in nursing documentation to
create enhancement opportunities for capturing improved RUG levels.
Maintain effective communication with facility staff on-site, via
telephone calls and email to monitor and follow up on new
admissions, Readmissions, Changes in Condition, Part A and Part B
caseload and discharge potential.
9. Assist in the development of solutions for improvement.
10. Function as a Back-up available to assigned facilities, Monday
through Friday, to cover time exceptions.
11. Incorporate training for facility staff nurses and DON into
regular on-site weekly visits.
12. Work with region and facility teams to effect and implement
system/process change as indicated.
13. Complete other duties as assigned by the RCMC and RVPO
Keywords: Downtown Health and Rehabilitation Center, Fort Worth , Area MDS Director, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!