Sales Manager - Industrial Lumber Division
Company: Conner Industries Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCOMPANYConner Industries, Inc. is a rapidly
growing manufacturer and distributor in the industrial lumber,
custom wood packaging, and integrated packaging markets. With an
outstanding reputation, and over 40 years as an industry leader, we
operate 14 manufacturing facilities and currently sit at #2 in the
U.S. for market share. Best of all, we are growing!KEY JOB
RESPONSIBILITIESThe Lumber Sales Manager is responsible for
leading, training developing and growing a sales team focused on
capturing market share for Conners Industrial Lumber Division
(ILD). A successful Sales Manager will recruit developmental
sellers for our team and train them on the full sales cycle through
systematic use of a CRM: Prospecting, Qualifying, Pricing, Quoting,
Closing and Managing existing business.RequirementsDUTIES AND
REQUIREMENTSThis position is integral to Conner Industries in
developing and reinforcing a sales culture that enables its sales
team to be successful in expanding Conners sales and profitability.
Duties and requirements include:
- Participate with the Director of ILD in creating a
high-performance sales culture of trust and accountability that
achieves extraordinary results in sales and margin expansion.
- Build and develop a top talent sales team to expand products
and services to new and existing customers. This includes goal
setting, regular feedback, mentoring and coaching, in addition to
adding and developing new team members.
- Use the Companys CRM to manage growth plans by driving teams
overall sales activity and individual sales plans.
- Coordinate sales and purchasing efforts within internal
functioning groups (operations, purchasing, credit).
- Provide comprehensive training to new sales team members, and
continuous training to existing sales team members, with the
ongoing goal of personal and Company success.
- Meet growth and margin objectives set by senior leadership, and
likewise hold the ILD sales team accountable for their growth and
- Perform monthly individual performance reviews with
- Plan and lead regular sales meetings.
- Strive for commercial excellence through continuous knowledge
- Communicate and support adherence to all Company policies.
- Exemplify a high level of integrity in all interactions and
lead by example.
- Endeavor to make a positive difference in others and in the
Company.QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of successful sales management to sellers in
- Background in lumber remanufacturing, wood working and or
similar field preferred.
- Strong computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office
suite, CRM management, video conferencing TEAMS.
- Analytical thinker with a strong basis on data gathering and
- Energetic, organized, and able to manage a wide range of
projects and priorities.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Exemplify do what you say.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25% of the time.EEO
StatementConner Industries does not disqualify applicants that test
positive for THC on the pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by
state law, applicants being considered for positions with the
following responsibilities: CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales,
Maintenance, Management, and all Corporate positions, must pass a
drug and alcohol test, done through an outside vendor, Quest
Diagnostics, before beginning work in that position. Refusal to
submit to testing will result in disqualification for the desired
position. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner
Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.Benefits
- Salary Plus Bonus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training & Development
Keywords: Conner Industries Inc., Fort Worth , Sales Manager - Industrial Lumber Division, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!