Program Manager I
Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Summary: The Program Manager I is responsible for the
coordination of all activities related to the fulfillment of
assigned customer orders for commercial aircraft passenger seats,
from the time a program is handed over by the Sales department
until program closure. The primary focus of the Program Manager I
is to ensure complete satisfaction of assigned customers with the
RECARO Aircraft Seating products and services, maintaining cost,
quality and schedule control, as well as RECARO's quality and
design standards. The Program Manager I has primary responsibility
to maintain program on time performance, quality, cost and weight
targets.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following, other duties may be assigned:
- Manage program from sales handover to program closure with
complete responsibility over cost, timeline, scope and quality of
- Responsible to maintain overall program timeline to support of
agreed due dates at all times.
- Develop full scale project plan in MS Project
- Manage ZACSA
- Manage MS Tracking database updates
- Negotiate due date changes with OEM and customers
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support
overall program baseline in collaboration with project team, senior
management and stakeholders.
- Manage program scope and access the impact of scope
- Responsible for communication with customers and
- Manage Master Change Proposals
- Manage Program budget and coordinate budget changes as
- Service bulletin coordination
- Responsible for program documentation
- Program Action Items (both internal and external)
- Program Team Meeting minutes
- Program Checklist
- Audit files and results
- MCP and Purchase Order filing
- Program Milestone Meeting documentation including Agenda and
- PSC / IPSC Presentations
- Concessions and commitment letters through OEM product support
- Responsible to manage program team to achieve project
- Lead program task and team meetings in an efficient manner
- Follow up on open items with each individual prior to their due
- Agree and maintain OEM submittal requirements and due
- Estimate resources and participants required achieve project
goals. Where required, negotiate with department managers for the
support of required personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path and
continually manage project expectations with team members and other
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project
team and when not solved in team meetings escalate per the
- Define priorities within the project and agree on delegation of
tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel with clear
accountability within the program team.
- Supervise all BFE activities, including the timely placement
and receipt of BFE orders, required for CDR, test and production
- Ensure IFE test equipment is loaded with correct software level
and is functioning properly to test the required system within
- Responsible for overall program performance
- Primary focal for ITCM, PDR, CDR and other technical
- Responsible to organize implementation of FAI open items
- Interface with OEM contact and provide regular program progress
reports to ensure complete visibility of program at all times.
- Continuously monitor OEM ratings and negotiate or correct as
- Report program difficulties to the program review board and
implement the decisions from review board.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the
project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Responsible to adhere Department processes and procedures
- Actively participate in team and PMO meetings to support
process upgrades or develop new processes/ procedures
- Develop and adhere to program management guidelines and
standards for project execution.
- Prepare project audits and implement risk analysis using Recaro
standards and tools.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations
report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project
elements (as part of lessons learned practice)
- Responsible for obtaining regular input from customers through
customer surveys in accordance with department processes.
Education/Experience:Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A
degree Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering is desired
with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a Program Management
- Strong, proven customer relations skills are required.
- The position requires a basic understanding of engineering
concepts and FAA certification procedures for commercial aircraft
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and the ability to
positively influence customer decisions, while maintaining a high
level of customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise
mature judgment are required.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced, high
pressure environment. Excellent organization skills are
- Must have excellent internal and external communication and
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum
- Multicultural background is a plus.Travel
Requirements:Employees are expected to travel up to 25% of the time
both National and International may be required.PI183092633
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Program Manager I, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!