Assistant Director of Nursing Registered Nurse RN
Company: Peach Tree Place
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary/ObjectiveEvaluate quality of resident care and resident
outcomes as they relate to healthcare associated infections.
Collect, prepare and analyze healthcare associated infection data
and makes recommendations for actions. Monitor employee compliance
in use of barriers, standard precautions, transmission-based
precautions, and infection prevention measures. Prepare and present
educational offerings for the staff and serves as a resource to all
departments and personnel.Assist the Director of Nursing (DON) in
providing, planning, coordinating or managing nursing care, nursing
services and health education to residents and patients.Essential
- Assist in ensuring nursing staff is providing quality and
appropriate resident/patient care that meets or exceeds company and
- May assist with recruiting, hiring, providing
orientation/training, and retaining a sufficient number of
qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of nursing
- Ensure employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and
periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Assist with scheduling and performing rounds to monitor and
evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Assist in maintaining administrative authority, responsibility
and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of
care and of medications and treatments.
- May be responsible for quality assurance, infection control,
and the development of staff as determined by the Director of
- Help develop and implement the written staffing plan and
nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Adhere to scope of practice limitations based on
- May occasionally be required to perform patient care duties.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the duties and
responsibilities of the DON may be delegated to this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Competencies
- Excellent communication and observation skills
- Good phone and customer service etiquette
- Proficient in the use of a computerSupervisory
ResponsibilityAssist the DON in the supervision of nursing staff
and others for whom they are administratively or professionally
responsible.Work EnvironmentEmployee may possible have to complete
essential job functions in a pressured environment. Employee is
occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally/frequently/continuously required to stand; walk; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
reach with hands and arms. Sensory abilities required by the job
include close vision and hearing.Position Type/Expected Hours of
WorkThis is a full-time position, and business days and hours
varies. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary
occasionally.TravelThis position does not require travel.Required
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse with experience in long-term care or geriatric
- Management or supervisor experience in long-term care or
geriatric nursing preferred
Keywords: Peach Tree Place, Fort Worth , Assistant Director of Nursing Registered Nurse RN, Executive , Weatherford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!