Software Product Manager - Investment Platforms
Company: First Command Financial Services, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
How will your role impact First Command?
We're looking for a Product Manager that will be responsible for
owning a portion of the portfolio for our Web Products and find
ways to engage, grow and delight our audience.
You will report to the SVP, Operations and your role will require
you to collaborate with different areas of the company to improve
our existing products and launch new ones.
What will you be doing?
- Build the next generation of product features for mobile web,
desktop and other platforms as needed, focusing on delivering the
best and most relevant information for our audience.
- Manage and validate stakeholder requests for new products and
enhancements, gathering requirements down to the most basic needs,
guaranteeing reusability among other stations.
- Work with Engineering, UX, QA, Marketing Operations and
Enterprise architecture to ensure product concepts meet all needs,
present to senior management and stakeholders as well as 3rd
- Lead brainstorming sessions to identify user needs in the
financial services space and ideate on potential solutions.
- Manage prioritization of production bugs as needed
- Lead user research along with UX counterparts to validate
prototypes and gain insights from users.
- Envision, define, and communicate the product roadmap.
Evangelize the product vision with new ideas and features.
- Perform measurement and data-driven prioritization of features
that meet audience and business needs; set minimal viable product
- Promote Agile product management processes.
- Alongside other Web PM, manage all aspects of the
cross-functional team, including inter-team communications and
What skills/qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of at least 6 years as a Product Manager, preferably
with consumer-facing digital products
- Experience in financial service industry required
- Experience with product releases involving financial products
- Experience organizing usability tests as well condensing key
takeaways to executives.
- Experience with Pershing, Envestnet or other providers a
- Series 7, 63 & 66 or 65, or 24 preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (all are required)
- Brokerage Ops Skills & Knowledge & Wealth Management
- Individual with investment product experience to include
brokerage accounts, unified managed accounts, someone who
understands digital wealth management,
- Individual who has built or installed a DWMP platform in the
past, someone who has worked with Third Party Asset Management
- Individual with investment experience;
- Individual with a thorough understanding of the investment
industry trends, in particular managed account products (do not
take someone just from Operations)
- Comfortable making decisions that will shape your product.
- Define a product vision along with short-term and long-term
roadmaps in order to achieve it.
- Demonstrable examples of their user first approach.
- Able to articulate product technical solutions to development
resources, without coding experience necessary.
- Well versed on new technology trends to help lead the team into
adopting them for new products.
- Deep knowledge about how your users use your products.
- Able to read and synthesize product metrics to make suggestions
and defend your positions based on measured product results.
- Led product initiatives collaborating with different groups in
order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product
- Effective written and oral communication skills that allow you
to have everyone always on the same page about where your product
- Highly collaborative and likes working in a team
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-starter personality
- Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
- Proven history of managing multiple product efforts
Keywords: First Command Financial Services, Inc., Fort Worth , Software Product Manager - Investment Platforms, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!