*Shop Mechanic Supervisor - Support Management
Company: Sweeping Corporation of America
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
SCA Is Growing. Come Grow With Us!Our dedicated industry experts
have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. While
our sole focus is sweeping, our difference is caring.Company
Overview:Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest
self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United
States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an emphasis on
quality service and customer focus, we have quickly become the
nation's elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We provide our
customers with a superior experience in sweeping services as well
as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management plan with our
sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class vehicles. Our
reliable services are trusted by municipalities, State Departments
of Transportation, construction contractors, and commercial,
parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast. We
currently have over 60 strategic locations, more than 1,900
safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are
continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility,
and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation,
positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental
services sweeping requirements. For more information, please visit:
www.SweepingCorp.com. Job Summary: Supervise Shop staff, plan
assignments, perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and
diagnostic troubleshooting, as well as Instruct/ Train others to
perform truck and equipment diagnostics and repair work. Benefits
of Joining SCA:
- Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Company paid life insurance
- Various voluntary benefits like - short-term/long-term
disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and
additional life insurance
- Paid vacation time & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunity
- Weekly pay on Fridays, if hourly status
- On Demand Pay (through Ceridian: Dayforce) - Get paid as you
earn! Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise Shop Mechanics. Hire, train, discipline and review
- Maintain equipment/ asset management in accordance with company
fleet management policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe
manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
and company policies, and ensure same of others in department.
- Regularly communicate with management regarding the status of
fleet vehicles and/or other equipment.
- Asist in annual budget preparation, tracking and expense
- Service fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or
from driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR).
- Coordinate obtaining components and parts used by mechanics in
preparation for maintenance or repair.
- Support Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical issues and
make necessary repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Oversee: Inspection, lubrication, and service of vehicles and
- Oversee: Completion of-adjustments, repairs, and component
replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Perform or delegate roadside repairs and adjustments, if
- Ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working
- Oversee: All required administrative duties when necessary,
such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related to tools,
materials, shop and work areas.
- Professionally interact with internal and external
- Assist Mechanics with work as required.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage)
- Travel to other locations, within area of responsibility, as
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ensure all repair records, parts utilization, and mechanic
labor times are captured in VTSJob Requirements:
- 5 yrs. prior supervisory experience
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic capabilities/ aptitude of
vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Minimum 10 total years' experience: including supervision,
repair, maintenance on heavy trucks and diesel engine vehicles,
equipment and related components.
- Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams
and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair vehicle or
- Ability to safely drive service vehicles and vehicles in and
out of service area, as well as test drive.
- Ability to work weekends, and/or holidays as necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to
communicate effectively and professionally with internal and
- Operate computer and keyboard; ability to train others;
communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.
- Moderate lifting - no greater than 40 lbs.; moderate reaching,
pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping. No fine manipulation or
fine manual dexterity required. Ability to stand for a full shift
in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as
- CDL, and/or Valid Driver's License, as applicable.Site Address:
9000 Trinity Blvd, Hurst, TX, 76053Sweeping Corp is an equal
opportunity employer, and weare committed to hiring a diverse
workforce. SCA does not discriminateagainst any employee or
applicant because of age, race, religion, disability,gender, sexual
orientation, or national origin.The protection of your personal
data is important tous. We will only use your data in the
application process and your datais not sold or used for any other
purpose.Sweeping Corporation of America is an at-will employerand
is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace. Other details
- Job Family Admin
- Pay Type Hourly Apply Now
Keywords: Sweeping Corporation of America, Fort Worth , *Shop Mechanic Supervisor - Support Management, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!