Company: Service Corporation International
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Compassionately facilitates funeral arrangement discussions with
deceased next of kin and presides over visitation, funeral, and
graveside services in accordance with family's wishes; company
expectations; and local, state, or federal laws. May perform
Embalming responsibilities. As the licensed Funeral Director,
responsible for the compliance with all mortuary, health, and vital
statistics regulation compliance within the funeral
- Receives or initiates call to deceased next of kin. Exhibiting
concern and empathy, obtains or confirms deceased and family
contact information, briefly discusses needs (including languages),
schedules Arrangement appointment, and emails appointment
- May perform removals or transfers adhering to company standards
and processes. Cares for deceased in a respectful manner. Updates
removal status in proprietary software.
- Greets next of kin and escorts to meeting space. Initiates and
facilitates Arrangements Conference while assessing needs and
summarizing desired outcomes. Discusses available life insurance
and available benefits, such as Veteran. Promotes funeral,
cemetery, and crematory services and merchandise such as catering,
flowers, music, and Ever Lasting Memory products.
- Transitions Arrangement Conference to Funeral Services
Counselor/Advisor to present cemetery property and merchandise
options, pricing, and contract completion. In absence of an
FSA/FSC, may perform FSA/FSC responsibilities.
- Responsible for reviewing and authorizing merchandise and
service contract revisions.
- Confirms authorization to proceed with service Arrangements.
Presides as Master of Ceremonies (MC) for visitation, funeral, or
graveside services in a professional, organized, and caring manner
consistent with Company standards. Shall be present for graveside
services included in the purchase agreement. Shall be present when
the casket containing a human body is placed in a grave, crypt, or
burial vault and verifies that any personal belongings are removed
from the deceased prior to burial per the Arrangements.
- Visually inspects deceased, adjusts casket dressing, deceased
attire or makeup, or communicates concerns to preparation staff.
Visually inspects Services Arrangements (visitation, funeral, or
graveside) against contractual arrangements and the next of kin
expectations; initiates corrective action as appropriate; may
provide instruction or guidance to services team members.
- Interacts with the family to fulfill the death care requests.
While interacting with family and guests, obtains leads for
- Perform a variety of event planning responsibilities including
but not limited to resource planning and ordering of music,
flowers, or catering to fulfill Arrangement requests. Produces MeM
products that may include scanning photos, ordering of memorabilia
or stationary, creating electronic presentations, writing
obituaries, and creating on-line memorials. Prior to event,
prepares event room including but not limited to set-up chairs,
tables, flowers, guest books, and appropriate dcor. Post event
cleans chairs, tables, floors, proper storage of items, identifies
property in need of repair, and courier/deliver family memorabilia
- May perform a variety of attendant duties including but not
limited to parking lot attendant, driver, usher, pallbearer, or
- May attends community or charity events to represent and
promote the location or market.
- Cares for deceased in a respectful manner. Following company
processes and procedures, verifies identification, reviews
embalming authorization. Following company processes and adhering
to hazardous waste procedures cleans and embalms body; uses
scalpels, pumps, tubes, and equipment to replace bodily
fluids/waste with embalming fluids; performs restorations, styling
hair, applying cosmetics, dressing body, and other preparation
required for human remains.
- Verifies appropriate casket and lining according to contract.
Dresses casket and lays deceased. Updates status in propriety
- Maintains preparation room, cleans soiled equipment, properly
disposes of hazardous waste, and promotes a safe work
- Inventories and reorders supplies.
- Works under general guidance. New associates are learning to
apply licensure to business environment complying with regulations,
policies, and procedures; work may be peer reviewed for accuracy,
quality, and education; collaborates with peers or manager for
assistance and guidance. Exhibits accountability for behaviors.
Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Takes the initiative to discuss assignments, expectations,
priorities and deadlines as well as seek guidance and coaching from
manager. Notifies manager when workload is light and volunteers for
additional work. Adjusts effectively to work within new work
structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Additional
responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Education & Licenses
- Graduated from an accredited school or college of mortuary
- Current Funeral Director and Embalmer dual license within the
- Valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving record
required to operate company owned vehicles
- Industry experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Cognitive Ability including reason, plan, identify problems,
learn quickly, learn from experience, and appropriately apply
learning to new situations.
- Process and results oriented, motivated to keep projects moving
ahead by removing obstacles and exploring alternatives
- Must have a positive attitude, a drive to continually advance
your understanding of the industry and business, and is highly
- Ability to build professional and trusting business
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skills with the ability to influence and gain
- Proficient using databases in automated processes
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Environment - Work is both indoors and outdoors during all
seasons and weather
- Attire - professional business attire required when in contact
- Postures - Frequent continuous period of time sitting or
standing up to 6 hours per day; frequently climbing stairs to
- Physical Demands - Physical effort requiring manual dexterity
is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone
- Ability to push and pull up to 150 pounds on flat and inclined
flooring or ramps
- Hours: Flexibility of availability may be necessary as services
may occur outside of normal business hours and working nights and
weekends is frequently necessary
Postal Code: 76119-0159
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-TX - Fort Worth
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Fort Worth , Funeral Director/Embalmer, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...