Information System Manager
Company: Texas Refinery Corp
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Texas Refinery Corp is looking for an Information System Manager to oversee IT related business systems including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and Human Resources Management System (HRMS). These systems support business processing for sales, accounting, purchasing, human resources, and logistics. One of the primary responsibilities of this position is to build and maintain a positive relationship between IT and the business areas and ensure timely support of day-to-day business processing needs in a proactive, responsive, and customer-friendly manner. The Information System Manager must be able to balance workloads between in-house and outsourced resources and manage the ongoing business systems related projects. This position interacts and coordinates the relationships between IT, the business areas, and external vendors, and assists in defining and supporting the business processes related to IT. This position also handles other responsibilities including documentation of technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the business life-cycle, and implementation of change control procedures. This position demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects and meet business related deadlines.Responsibilities:
- Manage the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Human Resources Management System (HRMS), and related supporting systems.
- Manage the development, testing, deployment, operational monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all information systems.
- Coordinate relationships and support with third-party vendors.
- Operate as a communication link between IT and all internal business partners.
- Develop, document, and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for information system architecture, change and release management, security, standards, service provisioning, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of all information systems.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology initiatives.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of the information systems including attending offsite meetings and seminars.
- Assist the VP Information Technology / Chief Information Officer as assistant department head.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Systems, or bachelor's degree in related field with a minimum of 5 years related experience required. Masters preferred. Experience with ERP systems like SAP, PeopleSoft, Chempax C/S experience a plus. Sage HRMS experience a plus.
- Understanding the configuration, operation, application, and use of ERP and HRMS systems.
- Ability to support relational database systems such as Progress, MS SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Ability to research, create, modify, and support extensive reporting needs using Crystal Reports and Excel by researching and managing complex data requests and mapping external databases to the report.
- High aptitude for understanding and supporting business processes involving manufacturing, sales, accounting and finance are essential.
- Must possess above average troubleshooting, customer relations, communication, team building, and leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, business analysis, and complex problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prepare and maintain records and respond to correspondence.Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k+ Matching
- 10 Days PTO - 15 Days after 2 years - provided by Dice ERP Management, HRMS, MS SQL, My SQL
Keywords: Texas Refinery Corp, Fort Worth , Information System Manager, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!