Company: Fort Worth Transportation Authority
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: December 9, 2018
LocationBurnett Plaza OfficeJob Code140Pay RangeTrinity Metro has an immediate opening for a Vice President/Chief Financial Officer. This position is under the administrative direction of the President/CEO. The incumbent functions as a member of Trinity Metro's senior management team, which develops policy recommendations and addresses issues pertaining to the achievement of identified missions, goals, and corporate culture. The incumbent has oversight responsibility and monitors Trinity Metro's financial condition; ensures that financial policies, procedures, and objectives are observed; prepares annual budgets, prepares monthly financial statements, develops financial forecasts, monitors cash flow and invests available funds; works with partners in public transportation; and advises the President/CEO of financial and budgetary trends, issues or problems.
This position's responsibilities include:
- Acts as financial advisor to the President/CEO in all fiscal matters.
- Ensures that Trinity Metro is adhering to established goals through the development of performance measures, uses formal assessment tools and evaluations, and determines accountability.
- Directs the budget, and accounting functions of the organization.
- Oversees public funds usage to ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Reviews and consults on all projects prior to approval to identify financial impact, and to identify possible funding sources.
- Oversees company expenditures to ensure consistency with the approved annual budget and any subsequent Board actions.
- Manages and supervises staff in the areas of accounting and budget. Develops staff through activity reviews, discipline, performance evaluations, etc.
- Directs the preparation of operating and capital budgets oversees the annual financial and compliance audits.Monitors the compliance to the Inter-local Agreement between DART and the Trinity Metro concerning the operation of the TRE commuter line.
- Approves the disbursement of funds pertaining to payroll-related expenses, goods and services acquisitions, and capital budget expenditures.Ensures Board briefing papers are accurate for all expenditures.
- Directs Trinity Metro's annual budget process, documentation, and follow-up and document preparation.Develops the annual budget to ensure conformance with Financial Standards and the Strategic Plan.Monitors expenditures and reviews cost justifications for any change to current or proposed operating and capital expenditures.
- Ensures that staff positions do not exceed budgeted levels and that proper procedures are followed if additional positions are required.
- Serves as Trinity Metro investment officer and treasurer.Managers and monitors daily cash flow requirements to ensure that check presentments are covered, wire transfers are executed properly and excess receipts are properly invested.Ensures that the appropriate amount of Trinity Metro excess cash is invested at all times and according to Trinity Metro investment policies; prepares quarterly reports for the Board regarding investment performance; and ensures the Trinity Metro has adequate cash reserves.
- Oversees all accounting activities, annual financial and single audits, and annual FTA reports such the National Transit Database report.Reviews all reports prepared by the auditors; attends all audit review meetings; responds to audit recommendations and Board questions; and responds to questions and/or concerns of FTA and any other regulatory agency.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Supports Trinity Metro Disadvantage Business Enterprise utilization program which is managed by the Procurement Department.
- Participates in Trinity Metro community activities to promote transit.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting.
- Additional course work or training in grants administration, funds accounting, and enterprise fund accounting is preferred.
- Master's degree is also preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant is desired.
- Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for the required education
Keywords: Fort Worth Transportation Authority, Fort Worth , VP/CFO, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!