Manager, Payroll Strategy & Project Management
Company: Charles Schwab Corporation
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Our goal in Payroll Operations is to provide accurate and timely
compensation to all employees while complying with legal and
regulatory requirements for 17 FEINs cross 50 states and its
territories, which includes, but is not limited to, tax filings and
monthly GL reconciliation. In addition, our team strives to deliver
a seamless user experience by leveraging the Employee Experience
Guiding Principles, accomplished through the adoption and promotion
of employee self-service tools, automation and constant review of
service levels. As a Manager, Payroll Strategy & Project
Management, you will partner closely with the Payroll and Tax Team
Managers and lead a variety of payroll projects, initiatives and
process improvements. You will also lead the implementation of a
new timekeeping system. You will ensure adherence to state, federal
and local laws/regulations in a multi-state, multi-country payroll
environment. You will be extremely attentive to the payroll
production environment requirements and effectively coordinate and
collaborate cross-functionally to deliver a world class employee
- Provide strategic process improvement recommendations and
implement solutions regarding the overall payroll process
- Lead the implementation of a new timekeeping system
- Propose system efficiencies and enhancements by partnering with
the HRIS team to ensure a highly accurate, compliant and efficient
payroll and tax process.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to
requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Manage and maintain payroll information by defining business
requirements and associated system setup, directing the collection,
calculation, and entry of tax and payroll data
- Design or prepare payroll/compliance reports by compiling
summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and
- Manage and/or execute analysis and testing for payroll system
modifications or enhancements
- Oversee and audit all payroll tax activities, including
compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing of
- Manage and maintain operational/quality measures and payroll
business metrics and associated controls
- Work with Payroll and Tax Team Managers on year-end processes
and projects associated with tax W-2 reporting working through 3rd
party tax/payroll vendor
- Perform and provide management oversight for Sarbanes-Oxley and
other payroll or tax audits; maintain associated record keeping and
- Evaluate and resolve complex/highly sensitive payroll and tax
related issues as escalated to management levels; communicate with
employees as needed to identify and communicate resolutions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of payroll and project management
- 3+ years of Workday Payroll experience.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel (including v look-ups,
pivot tables and formulas).
- Previous system implementation experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal payroll tax laws and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or closely related
field is desired.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Experience with payroll software and data querying is
- MS Access experience preferred.
- Business Acumen - Develop strong understanding of the company's
business goals and objectives, key processes and impact of
individuals and groups on business performance.
- Ability to recognize, understand and deal with complex
- Performance Accountability - Set high goals of performance for
self, remain accountable and responsible for outcomes; seek
opportunities to achieve results despite roadblocks or change.
- Customer Service & Satisfaction - Set high standards and
priority for customer service and satisfaction; experience
measuring, tracking and driving payroll service quality.
- Planning/Organizing - Ability to plan, manage, and execute on
multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities; work problems and
projects of diverse scope where failure to achieve outcomes may
have a cross functional impact.
- Analysis & Decision Making - Strong analytical skills; ability
to identify, evaluate, and solve complex problems where failure
impacts organizational goals, costs and financial results; ability
to resolve a wide range of issues by applying judgment and
technical know-how to identify creative ways to complete
assignments or improve policies and programs.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking - Ability to cope with
unexpected issues; work and resolve issues requiring evaluation of
both tangible and intangible information; understand broader impact
of solutions on the company.
- Decisiveness/Dealing with Ambiguity - Make decisions or form
opinions with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and
pressure. Accept the responsibility for the consequences of such
- Flexibility/Adaptability - Ability to adapt to a changing work
environment and priorities.
- Innovation/Process Improvement - Ability to innovate and
improve processes and work approaches to promote efficiency,
accuracy, and productivity.
- Fosters Collaboration - Ability to foster teamwork and
- Performance Management - Set challenging goals/expectations
aligned with organizational priorities; track results, provide both
positive and constructive feedback, and initiate necessary
development; conduct effective performance discussions.
- Organizational Skills/Networking Network with senior personnel
internally and externally and across groups / functions to resolve
and coordinate issues, gain needed information, and influence how
others take action; use organizational dynamics to achieve
- Communication & Listening - Excellent oral and written
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confidentiality - Ability to keep sensitive employee
Keywords: Charles Schwab Corporation, Fort Worth , Manager, Payroll Strategy & Project Management, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!