Company: ICON Lodging
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Title: General Manager Salary: TBD Location: Fairfield Inn & Suites
by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Convention Center Job Information
Objective: To manage the hotels operation and maintain established
cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and
maximize profits. Job Summary We are currently seeking an
enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to lead our high
performing downtown Marriott property. Benefits include paid time
off annually, 401k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and
Marriott discounts worldwide. An ideal candidate will have a proven
track record in driving accounts, as General Manager. The General
Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel
including sales generation, revenue management, recruiting,
training, forecasting, guest, associate and owner satisfaction and
timely reporting. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven track record of providing positive leadership to ensure
maximum revenue potential.
- Experience in and a thorough understanding of the surrounding
- The ability to provide leadership to position the property to
achieve objectives and revenue performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem
solving skills, and interpersonal management skills.
- Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization
- Computer proficiency to include Excel, Word, Outlook and FOSSE.
- Two to five years hotel leadership and marketing experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- GM experience with the Marriott Brand is preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, self-directed, with strong
initiative and desire for achievement.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills required.
- Must be a leader, a driver, and bottom line oriented. Working
Conditions: Will be required to work in a fast paced changing
environment, with minimal supervision. Competitive Pay and Benefits
Package plus bonus plan. The Fairfield Inn and by Marriott downtown
Fort Worth is managed by ICON Lodging, an equal opportunity
employer. Job Type: Full-time Experience:
- Hotel Management: 2 years (Required)
- Hotel Sales Management: 2 years (Required) Primary
- Develops short and long term financial and operational plans
for the hotel which support overall company objectives.
- Prepares the annual hotel budget.
- Monitors hotel performance through verification and analysis of
guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports.
- Initiates corrective action.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms,
housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other
- Ensure all departments are profitable and maintain strong
- Works with the Director of Sales, if needed can perform duties
of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls;
attending community business functions; working with travel agents
and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to
- Ensure staff received proper training for each position,
including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Inspects guests rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds
for cleanliness and appearance
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations
as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and
- Promotes hotels policies and philosophies to employees and
guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area
Director in budget planning
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where
the hotel stands against budget.
- Plans, implements and manages annual capital improvement
projects with prior approval from VP of Operations.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling
turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development
and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and
maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner.
Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stays in compliance with all established ICON Lodging policies
to maintain functional and effective computer systems and
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to
effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local
laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
Keywords: ICON Lodging, Fort Worth , General Manager, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!