Assistant Community Manager
Company: Related Companies
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Overview Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related
Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing,
acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60%
of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are
part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional
20% of these homes provide workforce housing. In the area of
acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of
the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based
contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation;
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions;
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or
other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or
state-financed public housing. Many of the buildings we encounter
are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to
continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our
42 years of experience in debt and equity financing --- as well as
our extensive management of government-assisted properties --- we
are well-positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the
resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to
exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive
development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly
rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of
these projects for years to come. Responsibilities Related
Management is one of the largest property management companies
within Affordable Housing industry. Currently in 29 states and
growing in California, we are looking for an Assistant Community
Manager for an affordable property in Fort Worth, TX.
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to
understand and anticipate resident needs
- Ensure available units are leases in accordance with their
various set-asides and/or rent income restrictions
- Assist the Community Manger in effectively maintaining the
property within budgeted parameters and project stays in compliance
with applicable regulations including: Section 42, HUD 4350, the
property specific LURA and any other state and federal regulations
governing the project.
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease
and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained
in a secured area.
- Collect security deposits and rents, and institute proper
procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Complete annual and interim recertifications for all residents
in accordance with company and Section 8/Tax Credit guidelines
- Interact with current and prospective residents
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with
residents, communities and associated agencies
- Assist in all aspects of leasing including, but not limited to;
touring, accepting and processing applications, phones, call backs
and thank you cards
- Preparation of correspondence such as rent charges, eviction
notices, collections, etc.
- Complete tenant move-ins and move-outs in compliance with all
- Conduct unit inspections Maintain the safety and security of
the apartment community at all times
- All other duties assigned by supervisor Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid
Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs Qualifications
- One to three years of experience Affordable Housing experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based
Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable
Housing and Tax Credit.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a
rapport with the residents and HUD administrator/State Monitoring
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to
ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and
competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market
conditions and trends.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives
to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational
skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including
excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and
further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and
within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program)
or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts
Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of
credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to
perform day-to-day activities #cb #cb2 #APJR3 Related is an Equal
Keywords: Related Companies, Fort Worth , Assistant Community Manager, Executive , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!