Certified Phlebotomist Inpatient Collections
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 13, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Certified Phlebotomist collects and prepares for
transport laboratory samples taken from patients seen in the
hospital, ambulatory health centers and clinics.
* Collects specimens by venipuncture and micropuncture on neonates,
neonates, pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics, using phlebotomy
supplies and techniques appropriate to specific patient population
and test specifications, accurately preparing specimens for
* Performs special collection procedures, such as timed tests,
including those requiring oral ingestion of prescribed substances,
point-of-care testing, accurately preparing specimens for
* Possesses age-specific knowledge and skills for appropriate
interaction with staff members, other Network employees, patients,
families, and visitors.
* Exhibits courteous, respectful, and professional behavior when
interacting with patients, families, and staff.
* Facilitates the collection of specimens by explaining all
procedure processes to the patient and/or appropriate family
member, care providers, or nursing personnel, and/or other
pertinent individuals, prior to initiating the process.
* Accurately inputs and extracts laboratory information via
computer system utilizing the Laboratory and Hospital Information
Systems (LIS and HIS) computer functions.
* Participates in and adheres to Network, Division, and
Departmental policies, procedures, Code of Ethics, Compliance,
QI/PI, HIPAA, Fire/Safety/Infection Control, Patient Safety, Risk
Management activities, established federal, state, and local
government and regulatory specifications.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
* Successful completion of a Phlebotomy Program or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 6 months experience as a Phlebotomist in a hospital, clinic,
doctors office, etc.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Certification from a National Registry for Phlebotomists.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS).
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Certified Phlebotomist Inpatient Collections, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!