RN - ER (7p - 7a)
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 14, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The RN - Emergency Services assesses, plans, directs,
implements, and intervenes to provide quality patient care for
assigned patients. The RN Emergency Services is responsible for
directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her
* Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to age
and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent
* Plans, implements, and modifies nursing care, medication
administration, and discharge planning to assigned group of
patients including education directed towards individualized
patient needs utilizing the nursing process in coordination with
policies and procedures.
* Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing
care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the potential
for infection, harm, or injury while working with the
* Actively participates in the performance improvement processes
related to nursing practice.
* Monitors, records, and reports symptoms and changes in patients
condition including vital signs intervening when appropriate.
* Ability to interact with co-workers and other hospital staff
and/or guests with outstanding customer service adhering to
established standards of behavior.
* Communicates with patients/families using available resources and
tools to provide age appropriate, patient preferred language.
* Demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws in relation to the
coordination of patient care and transfers.
* Demonstrates fluency in timely completion of the electronic
medical record and other documentation requirements.
* Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop
skills and an understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and
ideals in the care of patients and families.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
of professional nursing.
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and
maintained throughout employment.
* Completes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and
Pediatric Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of hire date and
maintains credentialing throughout employment.
Required Specialized Training:
* Must successfully complete, pass, and maintain all applicable and
requisite training as established by each department in accordance
with the JPS Clinical Job Specific Competency Validation Checklist.
Completes the requisite certification and courses within the
required timeframes, to include but not limited to:
* Successful completion of unit-specific competency-based
orientation program within 90 days of employment, based on home
unit/employee specific orientation plan.
* Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) within 90 days of employment
and maintained throughout employment for Urgent Care Center and
* EKG course within 90 days of employment and maintained throughout
employment for Clinical Decision Unit and Emergency Service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
acute care or similar department.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
1575 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - ER (7p - 7a), Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!