RN Patient Care Coordinator
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 21, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Registered Nurse (RN) Patient Care Coordinator is
responsible for performing assessments, collecting data and
collaborating with other members of the Health Care Team in
preparing and scheduling patients for surgeries, procedures and
post-operative care. This job collaborates with other professional
disciplines to ensure safe, effective, and efficient patient care
delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
* Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients to include
education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment
planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the
* Conducts, analyzes, and reports on quality indicators related to
the efficiency of moving a patient from outpatient clinic status to
post procedure status. Assists with developing and implementing
measures that will enhance the process.
* Interfaces with professional organizations. Serves on committees,
as necessary, related to surgical patient care quality, practice
and/or education. Presents quality statistics as required to
* Participates in interdisciplinary meetings that impact the care
of their patients (i.e. Ortho Ops. OR Ops. Cancer Committee,
* Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury. Maintains safe and clean
working environment ensuring compliance with procedures, rules, and
* Provides and coordinates patient care, educates patients and
public about various health conditions, and provides emotional
support to patients and family members.
* Provides pre-procedure and post procedure education for patients,
families, and caregivers. Serves as a resource person and assists
other members of the health care team with protocols for scheduling
procedures, including financial and medical necessity
* Collaborates with other members of the Health Care Team in
preparing and scheduling patients for surgeries, procedures, and
* Ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with
established standards of nursing practices and regulatory
guidelines. Interacts with physician staff to identify specific
surgical needs for the patient, recognizing any potential
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 3 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
* Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited University.
* 5 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Preferred Education and Experience :
* 3 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
operating room, procedural, case management, or ambulatory
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state.
* Current JPS recognized CPR Certification and must be maintained
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program
within 90 days.
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and
must be maintained throughout employment.
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN Patient Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!