RN - Radiology (Tues. - Fri.)
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 23, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The RN Radiology assesses, plans, directs, implements,
and provides quality patient care for assigned patients to include
education directed towards individualized patient needs utilizing
the nursing process in coordination with policies and procedures.
The RN Radiology will also be responsible for directing patient
care for licensed and ancillary staff.
* When providing direct patient care: plans, assesses, directs,
implements, and provides quality patient care for assigned patients
to include modifying nursing care, medication administration, and
discharge planning. Provides education directed towards
individualized patient needs utilizing the nursing process in
coordination with policies and procedures for the assigned
* Monitors changes in patient condition to include recording and
reporting symptoms, assessing vital signs and intervening when
* Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to age
and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent
* Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing
care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the potential
for infection, harm, or injury working with the interdisciplinary
* Actively participates in the performance improvement processes
related to nursing practice.
* Communicates with patients and/or families using available
resources and tools. Provides age appropriate, patient language
preferred instructions, education and consents, to include
demonstrated fluency and timely completion of all documentation
* Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop
skills and an understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and
ideals in the care of patients and families.
* Conducts and coordinates patient care and patient transfers in
accordance with hospital policies and EMTALA regulations, as
* Performs point of care testing and IV access.
* Performs the role of the telemetry monitoring in the MRI
* Performs all levels of Recovery care Phase 1 and Phase 2 if
assigned to Prep/Recovery up to and including patients boarding due
to a lack of hospital beds. May include all levels of care.
* Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited
Professional School of Nursing.
* 1 plus years of telemetry experience as a practicing Registered
Nurse if assigned to Prep/Recovery or procedural areas.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Must be maintained throughout employment.
* Completed American Heart Associations Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) upon hire. Must be maintained throughout
* Must successfully complete, pass, and maintain all applicable and
requisite training as established by each department in accordance
with the JPS Clinical Job Specific Competency Validation Checklist.
Completes the requisite certification and courses within the
required timeframes, to include but not limited to:
* Competency-based orientation program within 90 days of
* EKG course within 90 days of employment and maintained throughout
* Completion of Moderation Sedation Competency within 90 days of
employment or transfer if assigned to Procedure areas.
Preferred Education and Experience :
* Bachelors or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited
Professional School of Nursing.
* 2 plus years of telemetry, PACU, ED, ICU or Procedural experience
as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/ Specialized Training:
* National Certification in the area of Nurse Specialty specific to
employment and relative to the patient care for AACN, Cath Lab, and
* Experience using and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Radiology (Tues. - Fri.), Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!