Inventory Control Analyst - Pharmacy
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 23, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Inventory Control Analyst - Pharmacy is
responsible for coordinating all clinical and non-clinical supply
ordering and receiving in both the Pharmacy departments. This
position also trains pharmacy staff on proper inventory control
techniques and has delegated authority for purchase of goods in the
most efficient and cost effective manner consistent with user needs
and JPS Health Network.
* Monitors the inventory of the various departments, training them
in inventory control procedures.
* Analyze all drug purchase and dispensing data related to
participating in the 340B program, and is responsible for its
* Measures compliance to 340B split billing software on a daily
basis and reports all variances to the Director of Outpatient
Pharmacy or the 340B Compliance Analyst.
* Maintains the split-billing software platform, works to ensure
cost savings are maximized by 340B purchases and works in
partnership with the finance department to investigate, correct,
and modify any billing discrepancies and pricing issues.
* Responsible for reviewing wholesaler invoices, computing monthly
340B reports, and following up on discrepancies or past due
* Coordinates and leads the annual inventory process.
* Ensures the implementation and maintenance of inventory control
programs as required by the Director of Pharmacy (Outpatient or
Inpatient depending on where duties are performed), including
accurate inventory levels in Guardian (GRx), Carefusion (B-D),
Pyxis Medstations, Pyxis Logistics carousel, etc. maintaining
cost-effective levels of inventory, maximizing use of nominally
priced products, returning overstock, and monitoring unsold
* Trains pharmacy staff on proper inventory control techniques.
* Serves as the liaison between the outpatient pharmacies and Maxor
Supply in Amarillo, as well as a liaison among various departments
within JPS, to include Supply Chain Management (i.e.,
* Works inventory reports to maximize inventory turns and minimize
* Oversees cycle counting process and generates reports to ensure
* Reviews purchases versus dispenses reports, research
discrepancies and performs physical counts to determine source of
* Reviews inventory adjustment reports for unusual activity and
performs physical counts when necessary to determine source of
* Communicates to pharmacy staff all information of drug shortages,
back orders, or recalls, and recommends alternate products.
* Evaluates generic pricing and makes recommendations for purchase
* Processes invoices to provide a timely and accurate payment.
* Assists departments managing drug disposal program.
* Cooperates in maintaining a clean, orderly, safe, and
* Documents incidents and activities as required by the
* Ensures procurement of influenza and other vaccines.
* Reviews quarterly price changes and reacts in an appropriate time
* Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
* 3 plus years inventory management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Associate Degree from an accredited college or university.
* 5 plus years of pharmacy experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current pharmacy technician registration with the Texas State
Board of Pharmacy.
* Current National Pharmacy Certification through the Pharmacy
Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcareer
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* IV Certification
4701 Bryant Irvin Road N.
Fort Worth, Texas, 76107
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Inventory Control Analyst - Pharmacy, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!