Registered Dental Assistant
Company: Rodeo Dental & Orthodontics
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Do you work well in a multi-specialty environment? Would you
consider yourself a proactive, assertive, take charge person? Do
you have the ability to oversee multiple projects at one time,
while still delivering an exceptional patient experience ?
Ready for a new career? Is your background and experience a great
fit for the Specialty Dental Assistant role described below?
If this sounds like you, and you are serious about supporting some
of the greatest Doctors and dental teams in the Dental Industry -
keep reading! We are Rodeo!Rodeo Dental & Orthodontics is one of
the fastest growing, multi-specialty dental groups in the country.
Born in the Fort Worth Stockyards in early 2008, the company's team
of 100+ award-winning doctors provide a full range of general
dentistry, orthodontics, endodontics, oral surgery, and
board-certified pediatric dental services in 28 Rodeo locations
throughout the state of Texas. Registered Dental Assistant Career
Opportunity: At Rodeo, we believe in cross-training our Dental
Assistants so that each office is self-sufficient from a
specialty-staffing perspective. We are actively hiring RDAs that
are eager to learn general and specialty dentistry. The ideal
candidate will have a Dental Assistant Certificate registered with
the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. Bring us your
Smile-DNA------ and BIG personality! Essential Duties and
- Focusing on Patient Safety and Team Safety as priority one
- Adhering to OSHA and Infection Control Protocols, and disposing
of sharps and clinical waste in a prompt and safe manner
- Maintaining digital patient artifacts such as health history,
insurance eligibility, treatment plans, pre-authorizations, lab
requests, procedures, and appointment details
- Educating patients and parents on the benefits of good oral
- Monitoring the patient's physical and emotional well-being
during the entire visit
- Preparing tray set-ups according to doctor preferences and
- Ensuring that exam rooms and operatories are cleaned,
disinfected, organized, and stocked according to the required
standards at the beginning and end of each patient interaction
- Charting existing treatment for new patients by updating the
patient chart with entries for fillings, crowns, sealants,
- Reviewing the patient chart and health history prior to the
doctor arrival and reconfirming the patient's chief concern
- Taking diagnostic quality X-Rays and attaching them to the
- Helping the Rodeo Team clean surfaces, sinks, floors and common
areas of exam rooms, operatories, reception, break rooms,
- Performs all other duties as assigned; and,
- Ability to communicate clearly with team and doctors - This is
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must maintain an active Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
License registered with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training
- Dental practice management software (Open Dental/Dentrix)
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
Personal Traits - the most successful employees at Rodeo exhibit
the following traits:
- 100% honest and ethical - able to develop the trust and
confidence of internal and external customers.
- Smile-DNA--- - Genuinely Happy with a built-in desire to make
- Mature - willing to ask for help in real-time and admit
- Self-motivating - a proactive problem solver and an excellent
- Detail Oriented - well organized with a fanatical focus on
- Team player - willing to put the interests of the team above
- Incredible people skills and professionalism in person, on the
phone and through email.
- Exquisite time management, prioritization, and the ability to
remain organized and control chaos.
- Unparalleled intensity and quality of work, with an insatiable
appetite to get the job done.
- Seeks opportunity in change and does not fear a dynamic
- This position may require the employee to use his/her personal
vehicle to travel to different work sites during the course of the
work day, which means you would need an active, valid Driver's
License. Want to learn more about Rodeo's one-of-a-kind culture?
Check out our website and new Life page on LinkedIn!
Keywords: Rodeo Dental & Orthodontics, Fort Worth , Registered Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!