Respiratory Therapist - Urgently Hiring
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN Tier III performs and
directs the administration of respiratory care services (including
but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, inhaled
medication, airway clearance, invasive and non-invasive ventilation
and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a patients attending
physician, in a quality manner that is in accordance with
established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation
in emergency situations.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Reviews physician's orders, analyzes patient's diagnostic test
results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients
current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved
protocols as directed by physician.
2. Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy; prioritizing
patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
3. Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care
equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient
response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve
4. Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies used,
and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports outcomes of
therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as
5. Adheres to established policies within the BSWH system including
but not limited to: infection control and isolation policies,
HIPPA, time and attendance, and social media.
6. Works willingly and professionally with other employees,
healthcare professionals, and students.
7. Takes responsibility and initiative to understand and complete
any professional or technical requirements set by Baylor Scott and
8. Incorporates principles of continual quality improvement in all
of aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as
9. Maintain knowledge of current RT practice and current healthcare
information. Fulfills and maintains continuing educations
requirements as deemed by the State of Texas Health and Human
* Tier 3 Requirements:*
1. Work minimum of 4 shifts per month.
2. Floats across 3 hospitals and works at least 1 of the 4 shifts
in a NICU
3. Provide availability to work a minimum 3 holidays per calendar
The ideal candidate general understanding of Respiratory Care
modalities, therapies and medications. Acquires and maintains
required certifications; must be able to read, write and follow
flow chart protocols as appropriate; have a general knowledge of
computers including but not limited to: typing, electronic
documentation, hand held scanner and email; must be able to work
under stressful conditions; must have critical thinking and problem
solving skills; and must demonstrate ability to assemble complex
equipment and perform tasks which require fine motor skills.
* Location/Facility* -BASMC- FT. Worth
For more information on the facility, please click our
* Specialty/Department/Practice -Respiratory*
* Shift/Scheduled-PRN Night Tier III*
* Benefits - *Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
* EDUCATION - Assoc or Grad of an Accr Prog
* EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
* CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
Registered Respiratory Therapi (RRT): Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care.
* Location- BASMC- FT. Worth*
* PRN Night Tier III*
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Fort Worth , Respiratory Therapist - Urgently Hiring, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!