Physical Therapist Assistant PTA
Company: Downtown Health and Rehabilitation Center
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Summary/ObjectivePhysical Therapist Assistant (PTA) works under
the supervision of a licensed physical therapist to assist with a
patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines
and state practice acts.Essential Functions
- Provide direct treatment to residents as directed by and
according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical
- Document resident progress towards meeting established goals.
- Teach exercises to residents, family members, and caregivers
and may provide instruction in the use and care for orthotic,
prosthetic devices, and other assisting apparatus.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree from an APTA accredited program.
- Licensed as Physical Therapist Assistant.Supervisory
ResponsibilityN/APhysical DemandsShift work may be required.
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or
fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee
is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance
with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.Other Requirements
- Participate in (or conduct) company-sponsored training to
safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's
protected health information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures
and state and federal law.
Keywords: Downtown Health and Rehabilitation Center, Fort Worth , Physical Therapist Assistant PTA, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!