Registered Nurse RN Neuro PCU - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Neuro PCURegistered Nurse (RN) - PCU 4 -
Part-time, Nights - Great Benefits and Working Environment!
Sign on Bonus $12K for Eligible New Hires
Are you looking for a rewarding career, tight-knit nursing team and
top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Registered Nurse
like you to join our Texas Health family.
* Work location: Texas Health Southwest, 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort
Worth, TX 76132
* Work environment: 36 bed PCU Department provides intermediate
/telemetry level of care for the post-acute stroke, general
medical, endocrine GI/renal patient population.
* Work hours: Part-time, 24 hours weekly, 2-12 hours shifts, 7:00
pm - 7:00 am
* $12,000 sign-on bonus for eligible RN's (eligible upon hire with
a signed retention agreement)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a
222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging
services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports
therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive
care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been
serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees,
120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff.
The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth
Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality
Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC.
* Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas
Board of Nursing upon hire
* BCLS - prior to providing independent patient care and maintained
* ACLS - within 90 days of hire
* CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training - within 60 days of
* NIHSS - within 90 days of hire
* 1-year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN
residency program required
* PCU/Tele and Med/Surg experience preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN
* demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive
interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced
* maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward
* possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of
* have basic computer skills using Medical management application
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
* assesses the patient
* plans the care of the patient
* intervenes as appropriate
* evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
* Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into
* Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need
* Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital,
and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including
401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance
choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options,
wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition
reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every
day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make
Texas Health a place you'll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
* 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For--" (7th
year in a row)
* Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
* "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
* A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work--
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional
and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and
a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
* A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and
methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient
care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in
* A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based
councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, Fort Worth , Registered Nurse RN Neuro PCU - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!