RN - Clinical Educator - CHC - Educator
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 6, 2022
RN - Clinical Educator - CHCWho We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN - Clinical Educator - CHC
Nursing / LVN
Center for Cancer Care
Description: The RN Clinical Educator-CHC provides division-wide
clinical instruction and clinical staff education. This position
manages new clinical hires through direct and indirect involvement
with orientation, competency management, role transition,
in-service and all continuing education to ensure learning has
occurred. This role influences professional role competence,
fosters professional growth and supports a climate for adult
* Coordinates the initial unit-based orientation and training for
newly hired employees, which may include, but is not limited to,
initial unit-based, job specific competencies, CBLs, unit-specific
testing and assisting with preceptors/mentors training and
* Conducts annual needs assessment for areas of responsibility.
* Plans, develops, presents and evaluates educational programs to
meet identified needs with consideration for education level and
* Develops and presents specifically requested education programs
for newly introduced policies, procedures, treatment, products and
* Serves as an educational resource for staff on emerging clinical
issues. Monitors current literature and appropriate regulatory
agencies to determine needs and develop educational resources.
* Assists with documenting and maintaining educational requirements
for staff in areas of responsibility.
* Develops and implements annual competencies and education days
for nursing staff in assigned areas.
* Assists nursing employees to gain knowledge about service
excellence principles, Joint Commission, CMS, regulatory
requirements and clinical documentation.
* Continues to acquire knowledge individually though participation
in continuing nursing education activities and membership in
professional nursing specialty organizations.
* Maintains positive and effective relationships with patients,
family members, co-workers, and other Network and Contract
* May serve as subject matter expert or to be trained as nurse
planner or lead nurse planner for Texas Nurses Association (TNA)
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of
* 4 plus years of nursing experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 2 plus years of nursing experience in an ambulatory setting.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners or
proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support CPR certification and
must be maintained throughout employment.
* Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of
* ANCC Certification in Nursing Professional Development,
Ambulatory Care Nursing, or other applicable recognized nursing
certification within 18 months of hire date.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Masters of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
1450 8th Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Clinical Educator - CHC - Educator, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!