RN - Behavioral Health LCA Days - Fort Worth, TX - Behavioral Health
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 6, 2022
RN - Behavioral Health LCA Days - Fort Worth, TX Who We AreJPS
Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system
in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75
locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home
to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only
psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based
family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40
community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than
7,200 people.Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group
featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network.
Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma.
The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical
performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high
quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every
time.Why JPS?We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most
dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the
people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As
community stewards, we abide by three rules:1. Own it.Everyone who
wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.2.
Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile,
and emphasize positivity.3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated
with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key
components of our everyday experience at JPS.When working here,
you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look
forward to meeting you!For more information, visit .To view all job
vacancies, visit or .Job Description: Description: The RN -
Behavioral Health (BH) plans, directs, and provides quality
psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized with
psychiatric/ emotional disorders. The RN - BH must be able to
facilitate delivery of high-quality, safe and effective nursing
care; to assist in the operation of the nursing department
according to the legal guidelines of mental health care in the
State of Texas. Typical Duties:
- Performs complete assessment of a psychiatric patient and other
various duties and direct care with regard to age and developmental
stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of psychiatric patients
including education directed towards identified knowledge deficits,
treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning
utilizing the nursing process.
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
- Participates in the performance improvement process within the
Network, Hospital, and department.
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment
malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients'
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Required Education and
- Associates or higher Degree from an accredited school of
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by the Board of Nurse
Examiners for the State of Texas required or proof of reciprocity
of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be
maintained throughout employment.
- Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be
obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout
- Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
and must be maintained throughout employment
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation
program within 90 days. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
- 2 plus years of experience in a Behavioral Health facility.
Location Address: 1000 St Louis AveFort Worth, Texas, 76104United
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Behavioral Health LCA Days - Fort Worth, TX - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!