RN - Behavioral Health Psych Emergency Center Nights - Behavioral Health
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 6, 2022
RN - Behavioral Health Psych Emergency Center NightsWho We
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN - Behavioral Health Psych Emergency Center Nights
Nursing / LVN
John Peter Smith Hospital
Description: The RN - Behavioral Health (BH) plans, directs, and
provides quality psychiatric nursing care to patients who are
hospitalized with psychiatric/ emotional disorders. The RN - BH
must be able to facilitate delivery of high-quality, safe and
effective nursing care; to assist in the operation of the nursing
department according to the legal guidelines of mental health care
in the State of Texas.
* Performs complete assessment of a psychiatric patient and other
various duties and direct care with regard to age and developmental
stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
* Delivers nursing care to assigned group of psychiatric patients
including education directed towards identified knowledge deficits,
treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning
utilizing the nursing process.
* Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
* Participates in the performance improvement process within the
Network, Hospital, and department.
* Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment
malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
* Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
* Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients'
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree from an accredited school of
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by the Board of Nurse
Examiners for the State of Texas required or proof of reciprocity
of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be
maintained throughout employment.
* Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be
obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and
must be maintained throughout employment
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program
within 90 days.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 2 plus years of experience in a Behavioral Health facility.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Behavioral Health Psych Emergency Center Nights - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!