RN - Clinical Decision Unit (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM) - Clinical
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN - Clinical Decision Unit (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM)Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
RN - Clinical Decision Unit (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM)
Nursing / LVN
7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
John Peter Smith Hospital
Description: The RN - Emergency Services assesses, plans, directs,
implements, and intervenes to provide quality patient care for
assigned patients. The RN - Emergency Services is responsible for
directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her
* Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to age
and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent
* Plans, implements, and modifies nursing care, medication
administration, and discharge planning to assigned group of
patients including education directed towards individualized
patient needs utilizing the nursing process in coordination with
policies and procedures.
* Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing
care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the potential
for infection, harm, or injury while working with the
* Actively participates in the performance improvement processes
related to nursing practice.
* Monitors, records, and reports symptoms and changes in patients'
condition including vital signs intervening when appropriate.
* Ability to interact with co-workers and other hospital staff
and/or guests with outstanding customer service adhering to
established standards of behavior.
* Communicates with patients/families using available resources and
tools to provide age appropriate, patient preferred language.
* Demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws in relation to the
coordination of patient care and transfers.
* Demonstrates fluency in timely completion of the electronic
medical record and other documentation requirements.
* Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop
skills and an understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and
ideals in the care of patients and families.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
of professional nursing.
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State
of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of
Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) and must be
maintained throughout employment.
* Completes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 90
days of hire date and maintains credentialing throughout
* Completes Pediatric Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of hire
date and maintains credentialing throughout employment for Urgent
Care Center and Emergency Service.
Required Specialized Training:
* Must successfully complete, pass, and maintain all applicable and
requisite training as established by each department in accordance
with the JPS Clinical Job Specific Competency Validation Checklist.
Completes the requisite certification and courses within the
required timeframes, to include but not limited to:
* Successful completion of unit-specific competency-based
orientation program within 90 days of employment, based on home
unit/employee specific orientation plan.
* Approved Education and Training in Non-Violent Crisis
De-escalation must be obtained within 90 days of hire date and
maintained throughout employment for Urgent Care Center and
* EKG course within 90 days of employment and maintained throughout
employment for Clinical Decision Unit and Emergency Service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
* 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in
acute care or similar department.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , RN - Clinical Decision Unit (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM) - Clinical, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!